“Not for me next year.”

Ranked #459 of 512 Hotels in Barcelona
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Not for me next year.”
Reviewed 28 February 2013

I write this at 4.30 in the morning local time, which probably says something in itself. I can clearly hear a conversation in Spanish from the lobby and I am on the 1st floor. Correct, I was woken up and I am not a light sleeper.

Firstly the positives
The staff are friendly and have gone out of their way to accommodate a change in booking. Their standard of English is fine. The rooms are clean although old and tired. The breakfast although basic cold 'continental' is adequate – just adequate and nothing more.

The downside
This must be the noisiest hotel I have ever stayed in. You can hear every activity at all times. For a hotel without a restaurant and no reasons to move anything around in the early mornings I just wonder what they are up to. Yes you read this correctly the hotel has no restaurant although the profile says it does.

Everything clatters and I can hear most of the activities taking place in the adjacent rooms. I really cannot believe how every noise from the reception, to the lifts and stairs carries and my room is down a rather dark corridor not on the main one.

They only serve cold breakfast so you have to eat out. However, a good local eatery was recommended and I am sure they know many more.

Although close to a metro line it is a bit off the beaten track (you have to change to get to Espanya, which they failed to tell me here on the first day) and because it is small non of the cab drivers knew where it is. Still they got me there by satnav and the spanish equivalent of the A-Z eventually.

My colleague booked because this for me and she believed it had Internet, there was non which is rather ironic because I am at Mobile World Congress in a city which is suddenly claiming to be Mobile Wireless Capital of the world.

So in conclusion
Friendly, adequate for a short stay but noisy and missing today's basics.
Rubbish for modern business.

Ps the car that turned up and woke me up has now gone and the noise in reception has gone with it.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Turkish first
Trinidad
Reviewed 28 July 2012

My husband and I stayed for 4 nights. The elevator barely accommodates 2 adults with luggage so we used the stairs most times. We booked a twin room which was extremely crowded for 2 adults. The bathroom was the worst we have ever experienced in our travels - the bathing area measured 2' x 3 1/2 ' so we could barely turn or bend. The room itself was claustrophobic; one window which looked into a backyard. The tiled floors seemed grimy even though we passed cleaners at work during the day. It was only on the last night of our stay that the light in the corridor outside of our room worked. Walls are thin. In this day of technology, wifi should be available throughout the hotel. One computer in the lobby served the entire hotel. We were taken aback on our arrival to be told that the room price was really 165 euros but there was an offer on. It was overpriced and not even worth the 'offer price'. Nevertheless, accessibility to transport and some shopping and Camp Nou was a plus.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Barcelona hotels

Barcelona
Reviewed 19 June 2012

The hotel is great, lovely personel, breakfast and rooms. Bus and metro around the corner, easy access to everything. We will defo come back to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Barcelona
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Me and my 2year old daughter stayed here for 3nights. The staff was very friendly and helpfull. The location was great, in quiet street, close to shops, metro and bus stop, with easy access to city centre. The room was small, but as we used it for sleep and shower, it was perfect.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Renata D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barcelona
El Raval
Hostal Sans
#345 of 512 in Barcelona
SmartRoom Barcelona
#105 of 512 in Barcelona

Been to Hotel L'Alguer Camp Nou? Share your experiences!