Hotel Alguer Camp Nou
US$331
US$260
US$234
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 September 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here. The rooms were clean, the staff was friendly, and it was located on a quiet side street. It's not close to the sites, but it's a short walk to the metro station. The staff was very friendly.

Locker storage does cost an extra 2 euros/day and there's a sign in the room that states they're not responsible for lost/stolen items left in rooms, which seems a bit sketchy. There is no wifi in the rooms, just the lobby, which is a bit inconvenient. Like any place, the noise level depends on how terrible your co-inhabitants are; it was also poorly insulated which increased this effect. They also are pretty bare bones- ex I asked for ice which was met with confusion, though he checked their bar area anyways with no success.

Overall, great value for your money. I had moved to a closer place partway through my trip (to a hostel that cost about the same) and I really wished I hadn't- I really liked my stay at L'Alguer.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 August 2013

The walls were very dirty, No Wifi Internet in rooms, no fan in the bathroom, too much moisture, After 11PM no room service, You can hear the side occupants of the room. Air conditioners are not working. I spent two lousy night. I could not take charge is non-refundable.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Surprisingly good for a two star hotel with spacious clean rooms and friendly staff. Relatively far from the city center and tourist attractions but close to the Collblanc metro station. Good for people travelling on budget

Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 February 2013

I write this at 4.30 in the morning local time, which probably says something in itself. I can clearly hear a conversation in Spanish from the lobby and I am on the 1st floor. Correct, I was woken up and I am not a light sleeper.

Firstly the positives
The staff are friendly and have gone out of their way to accommodate a change in booking. Their standard of English is fine. The rooms are clean although old and tired. The breakfast although basic cold 'continental' is adequate – just adequate and nothing more.

The downside
This must be the noisiest hotel I have ever stayed in. You can hear every activity at all times. For a hotel without a restaurant and no reasons to move anything around in the early mornings I just wonder what they are up to. Yes you read this correctly the hotel has no restaurant although the profile says it does.

Everything clatters and I can hear most of the activities taking place in the adjacent rooms. I really cannot believe how every noise from the reception, to the lifts and stairs carries and my room is down a rather dark corridor not on the main one.

They only serve cold breakfast so you have to eat out. However, a good local eatery was recommended and I am sure they know many more.

Although close to a metro line it is a bit off the beaten track (you have to change to get to Espanya, which they failed to tell me here on the first day) and because it is small non of the cab drivers knew where it is. Still they got me there by satnav and the spanish equivalent of the A-Z eventually.

My colleague booked because this for me and she believed it had Internet, there was non which is rather ironic because I am at Mobile World Congress in a city which is suddenly claiming to be Mobile Wireless Capital of the world.

So in conclusion
Friendly, adequate for a short stay but noisy and missing today's basics.
Rubbish for modern business.

Ps the car that turned up and woke me up has now gone and the noise in reception has gone with it.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business