“Budget hotel with good transport links”
Review of Pol & Grace Hotel

Pol & Grace Hotel
Ranked #74 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 19 February 2012

This hotel was clean, with contemporary decor, and the room was spacious. We got a good deal for a triple room and the location was well served by public transport. However, some staff were not that friendly and noisy guests in the room next door kept us awake at night.

Requested an additional pillow - but didn't get one.

Room Tip: Request a room situated away from the main road.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Pol & Grace Hotel

Reviewed 21 January 2012

We stayed here for five nights and I could not fault staff or rooms.
Hotel is in an excellent location with cafes and a supermarket nearby. The tube station is a five minute walk at the end of the street. Tube takes 20 minutes to get into central Barcelona.
Our main reason for staying in Barca was to visit the Nou Camp for a football game. The next time we visit I will most definatley stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pearlydrops
Reviewed 22 November 2011

The rooms were clean and spacious, the staff were friendly and i got a good nights sleep every night! I have a daughter who's 11, i would definetley reccomend this hotel for families

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2011

I would like to begin by saying that Guillermo Tell was a very nice place to stay. I have no complaints about the hotel itself; the rooms were clean, the location was good, and it was near a metro station.

However, during my stay in the hotel I had a piece of jewelery of significant monetary and sentimental value taken from its hiding place inside my suitcase. I was hoping it would be safer in the room hidden, rather than with me while I was touring the city. In order to find the piece of jewelery our maid must have thoroughly searched through all of our luggage. I find this very disturbing and feel as if my privacy was invaded. I asked the hotel if they could look into it. They said the issue was passed on to the hotel manager, but I never heard any further response.

If you choose to stay at this hotel I would advise that you take anything of value with you or to place locks on your suitcase.

7  Thank CEJ4787
Reviewed 9 October 2011

Let me start by saying this is not a hotel in the center of the city with tourist and vendors everywhere. It is outside the center but a very good alternative if you do not want to stay in the city. The last time I was in Barcelona I was right on the Placa and I did not want to do that again so we picked Guillermo Tell. We arrived at 3am and were greeted by the friendly night staff. He was pretty much the only friendly one but we did not require much so that didn’t matter to us. The room was big and the bed was comfortable. The location was great right next to subway station. Buy a pack of metro tickets it’s the best way to get around and you will be on the metro a lot.
This hotel was also near lots of great restaurants. We ate at the Chinese restaurant a few blocks away and it was delicious. Overall the next time I travel to Barcelona I will stay here.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 September 2011

Spent 4 days in Barcelona. Hotel is around the corner from subway station, Placa Molina,
used public transportation from airport (had ordered the Barcelona Card prior to our departure). Room was very clean as is the hotel, they offer breakfast if you wish to eat at the hotel but nearby there are restaurants bars and even a convenient store to buy fresh produce snacks and wine! Access to a computer with internet in the lobby was a nice bonus. Staff at front desk not too friendly but available to answer inquiries. Would stay there again!!!!

Room Tip: Our room faced the wall of another building but we were basically there only after dark and so did...
Reviewed 29 September 2011

We booked this hotel for 3 days on September. We got a room with a strange smell which was switched to another immediately.
Room was medium size, and very clean.
Breakfast is pretty cheap (apprx. 4 euros)
Stuff was very helpful.