“Small but friendly” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of H10 Catalunya Plaza

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
H10 Catalunya Plaza
Ranked #72 of 522 Hotels in Barcelona
Melbourne, Australia
“Small but friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed for a week and found this hotel to be an excellent base for a first visit to Barcelona. We booked on the recommendation of a regular guest of the hotel and were not disappointed. The location is central and airline buses, tourist buses, day trips and taxis are all headquartered in the Plaza as is a Metro station. The room was not big but nicely furnished,well soundproofed and equipped with a Nespresso machine.I recommend you choose a room overlooking the square too. All staff were friendly and helpful including the cleaning staff and the impression was of a well run, efficient operation. The bar and lounge is comfortable and roomy and one can easily walk to most of the central locations.Finally room tariffs are most reasonable although if you want to see Barca play at Camp Nou ( highly recommended )you will find it cheaper to book outside in the square.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Simpson64

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Devizes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

This was our first trip to Barcelona and I think we couldn't have stayed in a better location or in a better hotel. Being a boutique hotel it felt very personal and the staff were welcoming and helpful. The room was excellent with a balcony overlooking the plaza which came into it's own at night when the fountains and La Rambla were lit up. The bed was very comfortable and the shower was powerful. City breaks often mean cabin luggage only and the toiletries and little touches provided were very useful, a comb, toothbrush, sewing kit and shoe sponge!

I am a very fussy eater but the breakfast was superb, so much to choose from and the service was very attentive.

Hopefully we will return soon.

Room Tip: We really enjoyed the balcony overlooking the plaza and with double glazing and blackout curtains no...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Janice687
Saint Petersburg, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

I spent one night only in Barcelona on 28.01.14 and I am really happy that my Spanish partner recommended me H10 Catalunya Plaza Hotel.

The Hotel is nice and it does not look like a hotel from the big chain - it definetely has a character and charm.

The room I was granted (217) was rather moderate in size facing backyard but it had everything I needed - a comfortable bed, a shower, complimentary bottle of water, slippers, bathrobe. Even capsule coffee machine and free Wifi in the room.

Breakfast was good and healthy..

And of course Location - it is just in the center of everything - the Ramblas, Cortes Inglese, the Gothic Quarter, a shuttle bus to the Aeroport, official Barcelona FC store, Organic market round the corner - everything.

I will strongly recommend this hotel for business travellers and for people who want to be close to the majour sightseeing sites.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing Catalunya plaza
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank alexanderd14
Marbella
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

As a frequent visitor to Barcelona it has taken me years to find a satisfactory hotel. Well this is it. Right in the centre of the city, lovely hotel, rooms are great, very clean . Has a nice lounge if you need a meeting or rest, and in the summer it has an inside patio. We didn't have breakfast as there is a nice cafeteria just out side. The hotel is surrounded by restaurants etc,. And near the Cuidad Condal, where you must eat at least once when visiting Barcelona. Stay here if you go to Barcelona

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are in the back, but if not, ask for one
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank PoddleMarbella
manchester
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

Great location on plaza catalunya and surprisingly quiet given this. However the rooms were strange for a couple of reasons. Firstly no heating only aircon - no problem most of the year but Barcelona I winter can be cold at night and the beds dont have much bedding so woke up freezing. Secondly the lighting in the room - when you walk in the room is pitch black and you have to hunt for the switches and the slot to put your card in. Then when you find it the lights are either all on or all off.
So pretty basic issues with the room and I wouldn't want to stay again.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank cheadleblue
San Rafael, California
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,503 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

We found this hotel on our own as we had planned a trip to Europe and my husband and I couldn't agree on a hotel for Barcelona. I picked a charming old hotel and he thought the rooms were way too small, and he picked a hotel with large rooms, but it was was too modern for me, and I wanted some character.

So we agreed that we would just find our hotel when we got there... crazy people that we are with 4 little kids, we got off our flight from SFO via Newark and landed at just before 9 AM Barcelona time.

We were able to get a taxi van from the airport for the whole family and loads of luggage including a baby stroller for $120 Euros.

I had narrowed down the area that I wanted to stay in to the Gothic Quarter also known as Barri Gotic locally. This is the oldest part of town and so naturally this is where I was attracted to go. The main church in the area is known as simply "The Cathedral" to the locals. So I pointed to a photo of the The Cathedral of The Holy Cross and Saint Eulalia and asked the driver to take us there. She spoke very little english, but knew exactly where we wanted to be and whisked us away.

When we arrived at The Cathedral, we were able to ask the driver to drive us around, we managed to explain that we didn't have a hotel reservation and we wanted to look around the neighborhood.

She took us into a special pedestrian only part of the Barri Gotic and had to press a special red button on a small pole and retrieve a ticket to enter. I felt certain, our hotel was near....

We had the taxi driver drop our family off at Plaça Reial Square. It was quite charming and we were lucky because it was Sunday and they had a market of vendors set up selling and trading rare coins, stamps and postcards. It was quite fascinating. We found a lovely restaurant right in the square and had authentic Spanish food, as well as Catalonia food. The tables were outside and covered so we had a nice view of all the happenings in the market that was set up in the center.

I got my family situated and went out on my own for the hunt to find a charming hotel with spacious rooms.

I found several very very reasonably priced hotels right in this neighborhood, unfortunately, they were either A. Too small B. Already booked or C. Not attractive enough inside the room for us.

After strike 4 or 5 I was ready to settle for just a nice clean large place and we walked into a more modern looking hotel called H10. The woman at the counter said they were fully booked. So I asked her to recommend a hotel, at this point I was a bit desperate as I felt my husband was getting annoyed with my " Don't worry honey! We'll find a hotel when we get there..."

She said I have the "perfect room for you!" and she was right! She called up a sister hotel at Catalunya Plaza and she reserved it for us on the phone.

She gave me walking directions and explained it was only 10 minutes away, however we had her call a pair of taxis to haul us over because I wasn't about to take a chance on getting lost.

The room was amazing! Detailed old world charm! Just look at my photos!

The suite was actually formerly the owner's quarters years ago. It was about 1600 square feet, it had 3 bedrooms, 2 full baths and a living room, a reading room, and a nice kitchen with Boch appliances that looked brand new. Everything was clean and comfortable too!

Please look at the photos I am posting. This was an amazing value - If you are a family traveling in Barcelona I highly recommend seeing if you can book the Family Suite. It was suite 100.

My prayers were answered! Amazing!

The only small negatives were:

There was not really a concierge, just the front desk staff and we got some bad info regarding a Flamenco show we wanted to see on short notice. We were directed to several shows farther away and at greater expense,that received bad reviews on TripAdvisor and found a excellent show on our own right near the hotel for half the price and with excellent reviews.

Also of note the breakfast wait staff didn't speak much english, even not understanding the menu items listed in english. They also were not very attentive, including me asking for a glass of water several times without it ever being delivered.

All in all we were just happy to have the amazing room so these issues didn't affect my overall rating of this hotel.

If you thought this review was helpful please check that little button that says so, it just makes me feel good knowing I am helping people and not wasting my time doing all this typing. Thank you.

Room Tip: Book Suite #100! Amazing!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
17 Thank MelissaBradley
Meyrin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights for the New Year, perfect situation in the heart of Barcelona on the Catalunya Place,
reduction for the car park below the place,
nice rooms (though small), very quiet (!) despite the central situation but between the rooms the acoustic isolation was not perfect (we had a crying child on the other side of the wall). good and friendly service (organized our restaurant, taxi, show reservations).
Breakfast OK.