“Good location but traveler beware!”
Review of Flor Parks Hotel

Flor Parks Hotel
Ranked #214 of 512 Hotels in Barcelona
Sunnyvale, California
“Good location but traveler beware!”
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Where to begin? We arrived on Sunday at about 3:00pm and there were no rooms available for us one of the men at the reception told me they were short staffed that day. While I was waiting to check in I noticed some other guests did not get their rooms either. We had to leave because we had a tour scheduled and they told me to leave my bags next to the reception desk that they were going to watch them for me. That was absolutely crazy because they were dealing with so many problems at the moment that it was not possible for them to do that and where they told me to leave them it was also an entrance to a tapas bar. How could they suggest such a crazy thing! I refuse to leave my bags like that where just about anybody could take them. I waited until one of them was able to store them in a little room which he locked but did not give us any ticket as a proof of the number of bags we left. I noticed there were other suitcases there from people who had checked out earlier and I thought anybody could take any bags that do not belong to them. I left for my tour with an uneasy feeling. Well, when I am certain back there were to ladies at the lobby very angry. Somebody had taken their luggage with their passports in them from the same room where I had left my. To my surprise, nobody knew what happened or who had taken their luggage. I learned latter that their luggage turned up at the airport. That was the worst first impression of any hotel I have ever been to. Luckily, the room was in good condition and clean and had a big bathroom. The walls are a little thin because I could hear the guests next to my room snoring but it was manageable. The pillows are hard and very thin. The location was great the metro is just a few steps from the hotel and close to plaza catalunya. I have mixed feelings about this hotel. If I go back to Barcelona,I would first look at other hotels in the same area

• Stayed April 2014
5 Thank Isolis62

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Belfast
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Read some reviews complaining about room size but what do people want!? My wife and I simply wanted a clean, functional room to rest our heads... There's a city out there and the location of this hotel simply could not be better to let you explore some of the most interesting parts of it. This hotel is literally right on La Rambla and only a couple of hundred yards (if even) from the Bouqueria Food Market, not to mention the little streets if Bari Gotic and Barcelona Cathedral. Even if you want to go further afield (Camp Nou, Park Guelle, Glories Market, Sagrada Familia), Liceu metro station is about 20 yards from the front door which means any part of the city is accessible relatively easily.

Would go back.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jamie H
Crawley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2014

The hotel was in the middle of town in the Ramblas
Perfect location to reach pretty much everywhere.
The room was clean, had a free safe, wifi access and toiletries. There was a small fridge in the room too.
Could have done with a couple of more accessible power points, but was perfect for a weekend break. We didn't eat or drink in the hotel, but the staff were very friendly and helpful.
Being on the Ramblas we we're surrounded by bars and restaurants. Despite the comments I have read elsewhere I didn't think the food was that expensive in the areas and the tapas bar almost next door had two tapas and a beer or sangria for 5.95 euros and they tasted good.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank beth1957
Duleek, Ireland
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

Hotel is in a good location, staff are friendly. The rooms have a big bathroom but a small living space and no duvet, which can be cold in the spring time. It's close to the green metro line and around the corner from the outdoor market and on the doorstep of la rambles.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David O
Sweden
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Enjoyed my stay at this hotel very much. The location is excellet, right at Las Ramblas so it's close to everything. We really wanted it to be close to the nicest part of the city which is Barri Gothic. The staff is friendly and the hotel is very clean. There were cleaning ladies there all day long.

The room and bathroom was of good size and the fridge was quite big too, which I really appreciated.

The only downside about the hotel would be that it's quite thin walls between the rooms and out in the corridor. We stayed at the forth floor so we had no problems with noice from outside. It might be different in high season though.

I would really recommend the hotel, and would stay there again.

Room Tip: High up in the building.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Egus
Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights, loved the staff they were extremely helpful especially the night staff. They were very friendly. The rooms are clean and beds are comfortable. The could start using duvets instead of blankets and improve their central heating. The bathroom drains were a bit smelly but I closed them when we weren't using them. The location of the hotel is superb ! Right in front of las ramblas shopping, food and city tour buses all close by. In all amazing stay.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family