“Perfect location, splurge for the upper level rooms” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of U232 Hotel

U232 Hotel
Ranked #50 of 522 Hotels in Barcelona
Titusville, Florida
“Perfect location, splurge for the upper level rooms”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2011

The proximity to the Hospital Clinic metro station, not to mention a multitude of restaurants within walking distance, offer a fantastic location for exploring Barcelona. When your feet get tired you will be so happy to return to your room at U232 for some relaxation on your personal terrace... you HAVE to book the upper level rooms and enjoy the sights and sounds above Barcelona with some liquid refreshement from the hotel bar, or from the market just around the corner. When you are rejunvenated and ready to explore again the staff are very helpful with suggestions and directions... even if they don't know they will find out for you. In my case it was a yoga class - a new request for them but they promptly found an excellent venue! Oh, and the bathroom looks exactly like the website photo - exquisite! 5 stars all around.

Room Tip: Book early to get an upper level room
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (336)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2011

Stayed here for 5 nights and the room is great with two twin beds and two bathrooms, truly a luxury for how much we pay for. One downside is the room has a window facing inside and is dark in the morning that didn't bother us. It is very closed to Metro and great cafe for a quick breakfast. The receptionists are very friendly and knowledgeable. We will come back again and stay here.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank ParcMercer
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2011

Part owning and managing a seperate 5* guesthouse in Bath I was both absolutely delighted and concerned by this hotel, for all the RIGHT reasons.

I booked in advance this hotel for three nights as a birthday treat for my girlfriend. I booked a suite U232 room (901) and has been in touch on many occassions prior to arrival for advice, assistance in terms of my reservation and also to have restaurants booked on my behalf. On each occassion I was well assisted even though Im sure I must have seemed a nuisance, I just wanted it all to be perfect. They seemed to understand and were nothing but polite and helpful.

The room was sensational, large room, but not huge, an INCREDIBLE bathroom, one I certainly plan to recreate in my own home, well equipped and with the added bonus of a wonderful private terrace. The terrace and bathroom was really great. The bed was also very comfortable. The only slight nags I could possibly issue are that the furniture outside does get wet as the terrace is not covered. Then again, if it were covered you';d lose some view which would be a pity.

Another highlight was breakfast, for a european city hotel this really was first class, yes it is a buffet but the food is well made and very tasty with a wide selection. We also tried one morning the breakfast in bed at no extra cost and this too arrived on time, at the correct temperature and well prepared.

Location wise, I cannot fathom the criticism, if one wants to stay on La Rambla with the street hawks and football fans then fine. But for me U232 is ideally situated, the metro system works like a dream, very regular, lots of space, clean and very cheap. Literally takes door to door under 10 minuts to any of the main attractions: La Rambla, Sagrada Familia, Park Guell, Montjuic or the harbour.

Finally, the big bonus, the staff, again, in comparison to other city centre hotels thsi was second to none, the staff were friendly, polite, helpful and informed. Managing a guesthouse this is usually my selling point as the main differential from city hotels, however U232 proved that personal service is achievable in these larger venues. This was my concern, if other hotels were to cotton on to this, guesthouses such as mine would no longer have a market. I hope they wont and that U232 stays a unique shining light.

I would like to partcularly thank Cristina, who helped me with my initial reservation and also aided my requests, she was also ably aided by two other colleagues who helped answer questions and make reservations for me.
I would also like to thank the gentleman who we often saw at reception during our stay, I believe his name to be Miguel (could never quite make out his name badge in the light) young gentleman receptionist who was so helpful, polite and courtious. Thank all of you and I look forward to coming back.

1 Thank ryan1489
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2011

Arrived @ 11 am, and was able to check in straight away. Staff friendly and polite.
Our room was on the 10th floor and just as we had imagined it would be, clean, modern and very spacious.
Bathrooms nice only down side was that one of the showers did not work and the one that did was slow.
One big down side for me was that we were unable to have the use of an iron in the room as the hotel only offer an ironing service.
Hotel location only one block away and very easy to use! We had a T10 ticket and this lasted for three days for two of us and the cost was under 9 Euro. I would recommend this hotel as all in all we really enjoyed having it as a base for our city trip.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2011

We stayed in the U232 for 3 nights. The hotel is very clena and nicely decorated if a bit dark but it adds to the atmosphere. The service at the front desk was very good, staff very helpful.
The rooms are a good size and on par with the decor inthe lobby, flat screen tv with a bit of a dodgy signal on international channel. Bathroom was great, you could spend hours in the big shower. We stayed in room 307 which is at the back and there was no noise whatsoever, no view either though.
The Hotel is very close to the Hospital Clinic metro stop which is great but as this particular line runs west to east you need to change at the next stop to head down to the main city part. No biggy though. The metro is great and a single is €1.45.

As in many spanish hotels, breakfast in not included, it's an extra €14 in the U232 hotel which is crazy. We had all our breakfasts in the little student packed cafe called Dino Pane, cafe con leche with 2 croissants is only €2.10!
The bar in the hotel is very dear too, stay away from as there are plenty of bar (with a terrace) to choose from in the vicinity.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2011

I have just finished a stay at the U232, and was not impressed with the hotel. The location was great for me, being next to the medical center, but that was the only great thing about this hotel.
The upkeep on the hotel is poor. The shower leaks all over the floor due to poor design and upkeep.
I needed to press several shirts for meeting but was told that irons are not available here. The front desk said I needed to have it sent down the day before, not possible for business travelers staying a day or two.
The staff was not helpful with my concerns during my stay, even with the few things that I did require.

• Stayed March 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jack0726
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2011

My friend and I stayed at U232 last weekend and loved it, and the price we paid for it.

The location was fantastic - it was easy to walk to most of the places we wanted to see or we took a quick cab ride. There is a metro stop close to the hotel too.

The rooms were extremely clean and nicely decorated. We found the beds very comfortable and the shower actually had good pressure (unusual for Europe!).

Finally, the staff was very helpful. They offered us great restaurant suggestions and took care of our every need.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends