“Liked this place”
Review of U232 Hotel

U232 Hotel
Ranked #69 of 519 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 23 December 2011

Really liked this hotel - friendly staff, nice bar area however if you are not too mobile it's a reasonable walk into key areas (probably around 15/20 minutes.

If you are happy with the location I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank s1d972
Write a ReviewReviews (3,281)

Reviewed 7 December 2011

Great hotel at a great price compared to others in the area. I stayed at Europark, their sister hotel, which I might prefer as I like the location better. But I can't say any bad things about this hotel. all was great, great rooms, great staff, everything worked out for me perfect.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank JeppeSJ
Reviewed 5 December 2011

Pros:

Locations is great if you want to avoid living in the tourist ghetto. This is the area were locals go to eat and drink. Still fairly close to everything. 25 minutes walk to Placa Catalunya and Las Ramblas.

A lot of restaurants and bars in the area. But as they're not concentrated to one particular area, be prepared to walk. You just have to visit Cerveceria Catalana and Paco Meralgo.

Very professional and helpful service. Impressive.

Nice hotel lounge area.

Lovely furnished rooms. Bathroom in particular was good. Lots of mirrors.

Comfortable beds.

Large flatscreen tv.

Rooftop terrace with lovely views.

Decent gym.

Cons:

The hotel does not have heating. It was really cold during the nights. Very poor that a hotel on this level feels that its customers should freeze during the winter.

No tea or coffee making equipment in the rooms.

We were first offered something called a "basic room" before we upgraded. This was by far the smallest hotel room I've ever seen. Avoid it and go for the standard rooms.

The rooms facing the street are very noisy whereas the rooms facing the other side are quiet but have a depressing view.

The rooms on the first floor had a nasty smell. We didn´t accept this and got other rooms.

Too few and too slow elevators.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Biff-Maja
Asun P, General Manager at U232 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2011

Dear U232 guest,

Thank you so much for your positive comments regarding your recent stay at Hotel U232. I would like, however, to clarify some of your cons for potential U232 guests.

The hotel does have a heating/cooling system. Since this winter has been unseasanobly warm, it was turned on a few days ago. We have not had any complaints about the rooms being cold and if that was your case, we could have addressed the issue immediately.

We are considering tea/coffee making facilities as an added amenity, but in the meantime, our room service/bar service is available until 11:00 p.m.

Basic rooms are very popular among our guests, since for a reduced rate they offer the same amenities as U232 rooms, but are smaller and with no views.

Rooms facing the street are soundproofed and noise is not an issue. Rooms facing the back of the hotel offer a view of a typical Eixample block.

Thank you again for your comments and best regards!

Asun Pareja
apareja@nnhotels.es
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 4 December 2011

Just stayed for 3 nights with my family for a birthday treat in Barcelona. We had 3 U232 rooms on the 7th floor. Paid the same rate for all rooms (@ £70 per night). 2 of the rooms identical, the other slightly larger with a balcony.

Very comfortable, mini bar/fridge, huge King beds with wonderful pillows. Impressive bathrooms, complete with a U232 box full of toiletry goodies (eg, combs, razors, tissues, shoe mitt, bath sponge, etc). Poor air con, although it was December the rooms still got hot and the air con was not strong enough to cool the rooms down.

Great bar/lounge area. Business centre with 2 computers. Free wifi in the lounge/bar. Supposed to work in the rooms but it did not.

Found the reception staff to be very helpful, with advice on nearby restaurants. Manuel was especially helpful.

Bought the breakfast on the first day, but not worth the money. Loads of cafes in the area.

Hotel is out of the busy centre, but this suited our needs fine. Lovely surroundings with plenty of cafes/supermarkets/restaurants. And ideally situated for the red and blue open top busses which we used to get around the city.

Cool terrace on the top floor.

Small gym with fridge and complimentary water.

If I ever return to Barcelona then I'd return to this hotel. Great value and super service. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank JAPLondon
Reviewed 4 December 2011

we stayed at this hotel for 2 nights if you want a room away from the road then ask to be on the back of the hotel very very quiet ,very helpful and speedy at reception, a 5 min walk from the metro station and a 15 min walk from the aerobus which costs about 5euros each to and from the airport or 25 to 30 euros in a taxi, we didnt eat at the hotel for breakfast turn right outside the hotel and 2 doors away is pans (a bit like subway) they sell bagettes for 3.50 euros and you can sit outside in the sun, we didnt walk to las ramblas but i should think its quite a distance on foot ,well situated for the metro to fc barcelona ,would definatly stay again

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2011

We had to change hotels in Barcelona since we extended our stay. I wanted to find a reasonably priced hotel that was still close to the tourist sights. I was not very familiar with L'Eixample area, but looked at a map and it was 2 metro stops away from where we spent a lot of our time. Once you exit the metro, the hotel is only a block away. The hotel was very warm, room decorated in dark brown, black and gold. The bed was a queen with very nice pillows, had great lighting and free unlimited interent. There was a minibar with a fridge that we could use, much better lighting and useable desk. (We had stayed at the Denit Hotel previously. Next time I go to Barcelona, I will stay here, better pricing and amenities). We had booked a 2 night minimum package, but on the first night, I fell and broke my ankle and to leave Barcelona immediately. The hotel was very gracious and didn't charge us any penalites. They had a wheelchair available for me to use and did all they could to help me out. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We had booked a "basic" room and it was more than adequate for the 2 of us.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jacquelineatl
Reviewed 28 November 2011

This hotel is very good option if your going to Barcelona. The hotel is very clean and the staff is very helpful. The rooms are really comfortable, but each room has a different layout, mine had two bathrooms and no balcony, but my brother’s room had a small balcony and a small bathroom.
The breakfast is good, but it doesn´t have many options if you don´t like the typical Spanish breakfast. When I stayed there I saw some Americans that brought their own cereal because the hotel didn´t has any.
The location is not very central and is far from the beach, but it wasn’t an issue because Barcelona has a great subway plant, and they have a subway station near the hotel.
Overall it was a great stay and I highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family