“Friendly faces and very helpful staff with great rooms!”
Review of U232 Hotel

U232 Hotel
Ranked #68 of 517 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This place was really clean. I loved the bathrooms and the decor throughout the hotel. The staff was wonderful, knowledgable and helpful. The location was close to the train station, close to good eats, and La Rambla market. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone wanting to explore Barcelona.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Wicket77
Write a ReviewReviews (3,257)

Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Our beautiful stay in this gorgeous hotel was completely ruined by most rude and ill mannered staff woman.
We wanted to have our own drinks in the bar and we understand that normally it is not acceptable to bring your own stuff so we have politely asked if it would be ok as there was not a single person in the sitting area. Two of the other hotel staff were amazingly friendly and agreed that indeed it would not be a big deal, they even provided beer glasses.
In the process of us having a drink this nasty despicable staff woman came in and started a scene about us drinking our drinks.
I understand if it's not ok and if told that it is not ok but you can't just agree and let a customer do one thing then come in and take that right away in the middle of the process in a very humiliating way as well.
I do honestly hope she gets sacked as she DOES NOT belong in any service or hospitality business.
Loved the hotel and the rest of the staff but that one woman just had to ruin it all single handedly.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank yngweezy
Asun P, General Manager at U232 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear U232 guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Hotel U232. I sincerely apologize if you feel you were mistreated by one of our employees. Please rest assured I have addressed the situation internally.

Drinking and/or eating items not purchased in the hotel in common areas is not allowed, but I see there was some confusion among my team in regards to your intention of drinking your beers at the bar, and for this I apologize. I just want to clarify, however, that firing an employee based on a single guest perception, as you indicate in your review, is not part of our Human Resources practices. I am very proud of my team and the efforts they make to provide and excellent customer service, as corroborated by the many positive reviews we get each and every day.

If I can be for additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at apareja@nnhotels.com.

Best regards,

Ms. Asun Pareja
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I recently stayed 2 nights in this comfortable hotel not far from great restaurants and in a nice (if slightly off center) location. DON'T STAY in 306, a room with a big red pipe right in front of the window, and basically no outside light.
Leaving on Monday morning at 6 am, I politely asked on Sunday one of the desk staff man to please post an important letter for me on Monday, and offered to pay for the postage. That was refused on the assumption they are not allowed to sell stamps. I just asked for the service, telling them I could not do it by myself leaving too early on Monday morning, and tobacco shops (where stamps are sold) being closed on Sundays. Refused.
I then spend 2 hours walking around downtown on the off chance of finding a tobacco shop opened on Sunday (found one in a off street near the Cathedral).
That was my last day in a very long stay in Spain (3 months) where I met very nice and helpful people everywhere.

Room Tip: Definitively not 306 (or most likely any room finishing by 06). Small, comfortable but with a window...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 April 2014

enjoyable short stay with very helpful staff at desk . good breakfast and location.good eateries around . close to tube and uni. very comfortable room .have stayed three times on separate occasions and will go back again when in barca

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Hotel was located a couple of metro stops from all the major places. The service at the hotel was very good and they have a very efficient system in place. Rooms were surprisingly spacious and well decorated- with all the important amenities. Overall, it was a very pleasurable stay!

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 20 April 2014

The hotel met all our needs. The rooms where very clean, the shower was amazing, the breakfast was very enjoyable with both hot and cold choices. The terrace was a pleasant surprise, very quiet and comfortable. Overall I can't fault the accomodation at all. The location, although out of the city, was no problem. We purchased a T10 ticket on arrival at the airport train station for €10.50 this allows you to travel on train,tram,bus and metro. One ticket allows you to travel on either mode of transport within 1hour and 15 minutes. This said we travelled from the airport to the hotel for approximately €1. First you take the RNFE train from terminal 2 to Sants then the metro L5 (blue line) to Hospital Clinic, u232 Hotel is a very short walk from this metro station.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Great neighbourhood and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The hotel was very accommodating in terms of assisting us to stay at a "sister" hotel when we decided to extend our stay in Barcelona and there were no available rooms at this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple