Europe is a place where you can get great rooms and facilities or awful experiences in different hotels for the same price.
Based on my experience staying in hotels of this price range I would say this one is a liiiitle bit expensive for the mixed bag of things they have.
Great great location, next to a subway station and just outside of the Barrio Gótico and Born. That means you get to enjoy their restaurants and ammenities of the area safely and quickly. you can get to Las Ramblas, Passeig de Gracia or Barceloneta in no time besides enjoying crusing the small streets of Gotí and Born without problem.
This also means awesome restaurants all around to have breakfast, brunch, lunch, supper, dinner, whatever you may want you can find: nice coffee shops, entrepans, hamburguer or tapas joints, bars and nice restaurants. Either inside Gotì or Bron you will find awesome stuff.
The Cons: Bad beds, metal cheap beds which squeak at every moment you make and don't provide a comfy support for a good night sleep.
I stayed in a double room and still it was a bit small for my taste.
Window overlooking the neighborhood and not the avenue which made the room quiet enough although I was on the first floor so a bit of noise would filter if I openede the window, but the con here would be that you hear and feel the Subway passinng by since 5 am throughout the day. I know that it may not be a real Con if you want an hotel close to a station but just be ready for the noise.
I also requested a smoking room in a high room and got a very low room, I think it was because of the smoking restriction but they didn't even bothered to ask if I was ok with my room not being exactly what I requested. Quite possibly I would have preferred the high room to the smoking room but the choice was never offered which reinforces other reviews about this point being a great weakness for them.
Overall a good stay but I think 5 to 10 euros less in the costs would be appropriate for it
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A completely renovated, neo-classical building in the centre of Barcelona, flanked by three inspiring elements: the Roman Barcino wall, the Gothic quarter and the Born district with all its design An elegant hotel in Barcelona Centre, palatial and distinguished, set in the cultural, tourist hub of Barcelona, in the urban melting pot where the Roman, Mediaeval, Modernist and Contemporary heritages merge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Eurostars, LoveHolidays, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Exe Laietana Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eurostars Laietana Palace Hotel Barcelona
- Laietana Palace Barcelona
- Laietana Palace Hotel
- Exe Laietana Palace Barcelona, Catalonia