“Will come back!”
Review of Aparthotel Silver

Aparthotel Silver
Ranked #69 of 515 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I loved this hotel, because even if rooms aren´t that big, they are comfortable and very clean. Enough for just crashing to sleep. It is a very nice neighborhood, very safe and with many stores to shop or buy groceries; plenty of restaurants, and a subway station is a very short walking distance.
Staff is always willing to help you in everything; I loved that I was able to print my boarding passes at the hotel, and it had wi fi in every room, they have a parking inside, which I used once; Street is very silent by nights, and walking on that area it´s a good experience, since it is a very charming.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
NACHOJBBarcelona, Manager at Aparthotel Silver, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your very nice feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable experience and that you found the staff to be great.Comments like yours encourage us to continue working for the happiness of our customers.

Thank you for your personal recommendation and I hope that we can welcome you back to Aparthotel Silver, your home in Barcelona , very soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

This is a great little hotel. The rooms are basic but they have everything you need.
The location is down a quiet little street off of a busy road but you don't get any traffic noise. The metro station is right opposite the road. Las Ramblas and that area is about 20 mins walk away or a few minutes on the metro. There are plenty of small supermarkets, restaurants and shops nearby.
The garden is so peaceful, you would not believe you are near a main road.
The staff are brilliant. When I was taken ill they were so helpful. They all speak English.
I didn't eat there so I can't comment on the food but the bar area looked nice.
The only negatives I have is that my room was not cleaned fully - the floor was swept but not mopped so you would get bits on your feet which would then go on the bed. Everything else was cleaned properly. And we had salt, pepper and vinegar sachets in the kitchen but no sugar which I though was strange.
Otherwise I love this hotel and thoroughly recommend it. When I return to Barcelona I will stay here.

Room Tip: I had a room at the front but there was hardly any traffic noises. My room didn't have a balcony...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Jessica
We appreciate your time to post your good reviews and recommending our hotel.
It is very important for us to know our guests impressions so that we keep providing a high quality services.
Regarding the floor's cleaning of your room, the housekeepers have to scrub it every day, I'll talk to them to pass the mop every day and supervise it.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

I was happy with this hotels location and the rooms and especially liked the kitchen.

I think rating it average is a little harsh however I cannot rate it very good for the reasons below:

1. Not cleaned properly including clumps of dust in corners of the rooms and hair in the bathroom. Not really bad but just gross seeing someone else's hair not cleaned up.

2. We stayed four nights and got back to our room at 6:30pm on our last night and our room was not serviced. I called to let someone know and asked that towels are bought up ASAP as I wanted a shower. I got towels about 15 minutes later and told the staff member again that we need our room serviced and also new sheets for one bed. They bought the sheets back and gave them to me and left - no-one serviced our room despite two requests after 6:30pm.

3. Really loud noises every morning - not sure what they were but I had interrupted sleep often.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank WonderWilma

Dear Guest :
We appreciate your time to post your good reviews and recommending our hotel.
I'm really sorry about your experience about the cleaness of your room.I will personally check what happened with your room and review the cleaning protocol.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

Thanks to stellar reviews I found this gem in Barcelona, and Aparthotel Silver did not disappoint. The room was spacious and immaculate, and the kitchenette with mini fridge was an added bonus. There is a full grocery store just around the corner, and the metro stop is just half a block away. Everything was so convenient.

Other great things about Silver: super friendly and helpful staff, fast & free wi-fi, computers with printers in the lobby (buy and print your tickets in advance and stroll to the front of all the crazy-long queues for the attractions, TRUST ME!), comfy beds, strong A/C, little packets of olive oil in the kitchenette (loved this!), and the very helpful welcome packet they give you upon checkin. They also have secure luggage storage in the garage -- if I recall correctly, the cost was 1 euro per day.

All in all, Aparthotel Silver exceeded my expectations and I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

There is no daily cost in the luggage storage.You only have to place a one Euro coin,and when you pick up the suitcase, you recover the coin.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

This was my fourth trip to Barcelona and my third at this place. I won't stay anywhere else! Why? Simple: The people, the location, rooms with a terrace.

First, the people. The staff, and I mean the entire staff) truly make you feel like you are part of a family when you're a guest there. They aren't intruding, but they are very warm and you feel they truly want to do everything they can to make you feel good. The cleaning staff do a fantastic job keeping the place very clean.

Second, the location. If you want to be in the middle of all the tourists, then stay somewhere else. But if you want to be within a 5-10 minute train ride to everything, but stay in a place full of culture, restaurants, shops, then this is it. It is a slice of life (albeit bohemian - think NYC's Lower East Side circa 1985 [minus the drugs]) and you could spend days discovering Gaudi masterpieces right there, such as Casa Vicenz which is behind the hotel and Park Guell which is a walk away.

Third, rooms with a terrace. Tired from walking, but still want to feel you are part of the city? get a room with a terrace and relax with a glass of wine. Just lovely.

For those wanting posh furniture, this is not the place for you. The furniture can be a bit worn, but everything is VERY clean. It is just an older building, so keep that in mind.

Like I mentioned before, I won't stay anywhere else! Thanks Hotel Silver, I hope to see you again next year!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nori N
NACHOJBBarcelona, Manager at Aparthotel Silver, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Dear Sir,

We've been refurbishing all the hotel's rooms. Floors 6 & 5 were the first rooms refurbished, so they will the next ones to be refurbished again.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

We stayed here for about 3 nights and had a very pleasent stay. Short walk to the metro to get into the city centre, well equipped little rooms that were cleaned daily, staff were friendly. Supermarkets, cafes and a few little shops close by if needed. I would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank danni_b10
NACHOJBBarcelona, Manager at Aparthotel Silver, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Dear Mr Danni,

Reviewed 4 July 2013

We stayed here for three nights in june. The hotel is conveniently located near Fontana Station on the green L3 line. We took the Aerobus to Catalunya and the subway from there. Takes about 40 minutes in total.
We had a room on the 4th floor, streetside, which was a bit noisy at night because of the (drunk) tourists who were singing songs outside. Can't fault the hotel for it, but if you have the chance book a room at the back. The room itself was simple but clean. The kitchen was convenient as there are a lot of supermarkets nearby.
Hotel staff is very friendly!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
NACHOJBBarcelona, Manager at Aparthotel Silver, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Dear Guest :