“Bargain hotel in Barcelona”
Review of Aparthotel Silver

Aparthotel Silver
Ranked #69 of 517 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 16 June 2010

We reserved our room after our initial hotel had to cancel our reservation because of renovations. We weren't sure what to expect as I hadn't researched the hotel as extensively. I was pleasently suprised that it was a very nice hotel, nice staff, and good location. We had a room on the first floor. The room was a good bargain for location, cleanliness, etc. The staff was very pleasant and helpful with restaurant recommendations. We also had access to the internet in the lobby which was always available when we needed it. The air conditioner worked great and it was a nice suprise to get chocolates in our room that were very yummy. This hotel is a block away from the metro station which made it handy for navigating Barcelona. I also enjoyed the restaurants and liviliness in the Gracia area. Lastly, it was raining while we were there and it was great that the hotel allowed you to use their complimentary umbrellas. We did not eat breakfast at the hotel, so we cannot comment on the quality/price of this.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pspjenn
Write a ReviewReviews (1,035)

Reviewed 10 June 2010

I had my city break with my gf in Barcelona in June. It was a lovely trip and Barcelona is beautiful.
I will recommend this hotel to everyone I know even my own family member.
First of all, let's talk about the cleanliness of this hotel, 5 STAR!!! it is very clean, wooden floor, toilet, wall, bed, and many more, 5 STAR Clean!
Secondly, location!! Extremely near to the metro station (Fontana). Only 3 stops away from the famous street Las Ramblas!!!
Third, staff. very friendly and helpful. However, their english is not so good. Be smart when communicate with them. Try to use your body language.
Fourth, Price. Very reasonable, especially for couples or family. In the hotel, they have a small kitchen for you. All appliances are provided.
Fifth, Facilities. Wifi is provide for free. If you didnt bring a laptop, they got a computer at the lobby and you can use it for free. they borrow you an umbrella if the weather is not so good.

Lastly, I hope you can enjoy your trip in Barcelona. This hotel is your best choice!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Zhen_Fai
Reviewed 29 May 2010

We travel alot and hotel silver is our favorite hotel anwhere! it makes us all the more eager to return to barcelona! we've stayed at the hotel silver twice now, and will never even think of another hotel in barcelona! the value is terrific. the rooms are great. the staff are personable and very efficient, and fun! the location is super, a block from a metro stop. great job, hotel silver!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2010

Just got back from a 6 night stay at The ApartHotel Silver with my boyfriend. I booked straight through their website and we both agreed that we throughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel.

Postives
The Location was excellent, a 2 or 3 minute walk from Fontana station which as others have mentioned, takes you to the centre of the city. We walked to Placa Catalunya in about 25 minutes or so and it's a nice walk. Gracia is a nice enough area and we felt safe late at night. The supermarket (called Sorli Discau or something similar!) was very cheap and provided us with breakfast every morning and a nice dinner. Definitely eat in if you want to save some money! There is also the 24 bus that goes to Park Guell (I would highly recommend not walking there from the hotel unless you are a serious walker!) which you can catch near the hotel; takes 20 minutes or so.

The Staff
The staff here were nothing but kind, helpful and considerate during our stay. They spoke excellent English, provided us with umbrellas (Barcelona seems very rainy in May!), left us chocolates and offered us advice whenever we needed it.

The Room
We had a comfort room; it had everything we needed a big flat screen TV, a DVD player (it's in the high-fi system), a safe, a lovely little kitchen and a nice big bathroom. Our room looked over the terrace which was nice. There was plenty of space for my boyfriend and I to move around and the room didn't feel small. Another massive plus is that we had FREE wi-fi the whole week! Not sure how we got it! There was internet downstairs in the lobby but there was someone on it 80% of the time I passed.

Negatives
Only a few small negatives brought this down to a 4 star for me (I wanted to give it 4 1/2 but couldn't!). One was the terrible noise, the walls were incredibly thin (we could hear people snoring next door all night!) thank god for earplugs. I can understand noise in the morning but we are not early risers and liked to sleep in a little!

There is a weird blind thing covering a window to the bathroom which you can see from the bedroom, it is pretty much see through so we covered it with a towel. Unless you don't mind people seeing you go to the toilet, I'd recommend doing that! Also in the bathroom is a strange door to leads out onto a shaft./tunnel thing. Keep the door shut if you're travelling with kids, one could easily climb through and fall down a very very deep hole!!

Overall, the hotel was perfect minus a few small niggly points. Barcelona itself is lovely although a few of the sites were a bit of a letdown. The hotel made the holiday for us though, I would highly recommend it to anyone staying in the city.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cher86
Reviewed 11 May 2010

A wonderful hotel in the area of Gracia in the 3-minute walk from the metro station "Fonatana".
For 15-20 minutes step walk to the Park Guell and the famous Gaudi building La Pedre.
The hotel is very friendly and friendly staff. It was a pleasant surprise - a box of chocolates as a gift from the hotel.
We arrived late at night and we needed water. Our reception staff kindly gave it to us.
On the day of departure, we called a taxi at 5:00 am.
I highly recommend a room with a terrace on the south side.
Excellent value for money!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2010

Went with my mother, aunt and a family friend. My mother and I had a twin room overlooking the street entrance. Was a bit noisy but was fine once the windows and shutter was closed and we slept ok, although it was a bit stuffy. Our two other friends had a twin room in the centre of the hotel which has windows but there did not seem to be any air circulating (windows seemed to open to an atrium) and so their room was extremely stuffy so I'd recommend requesting rooms with windows which open up to the outside open air. The kitchenette was very handy as well.

We found all the staff to be very friendly and helpful, from reception staff to the cleaners and cafe staff. The reception staff had good English.

The location and the room itself we found to be great at the price we paid. I think it took us about 45 mins at a very leisurely pace to walk to Catalunya Square - quite a bit of stop/starting with photographing, windowshopping and browsing etc along the way. The Fontana metro station is just a few minutes up the road from the hotel and Catalunya Square is only 3 stops away. A taxi from the airport to the hotel cost around €30, this was for 4 people with 4 suitcases. A taxi to Catalunya Square was around €7.

I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to friends that are looking for a nice hotel in a great location and would not hesitate in booking this hotel again (as long as we can have a similarly located room).. This is not a luxury accomodation but for a base and a place to make a snack, come back from a days sightseeing / walking or whatever, have a rest and a chat and a drink before going out again, shower and sleep it's perfect.

• Stayed: April 2010
Reviewed 1 April 2010

We visited Barcelona March 12-18. We stayed nearly the entire time at the Silver Hotel. We enjoyed our stay very much both in Barcelona and at the Hotel Silver. The amenities were fine, wireless Internet in the rooms, cable TV, small kitchenette, decent bathroom and shower. The location, as others have noted, is perhaps the best one could find, for the price. It is just a block to the Metro and is in the middle of every kind of eating establishment area you could ever need from microwaveable foods to expensive restaurants. It is also walking distance to La Pedrera and Casa Batlo, and Barcelona's Fifth Avenue. The area near the Hotel (Gracia) has lots of small narrow streets that make this area very comfortable and enjoyable for sightseeing walks. The only negative about the hotel is the thinness of the walls separating rooms. We had a back room (opposite to the street) and that saved us from any street noise, but one could still hear people talking in adjacent rooms, even their snoring. But, I believe all the other good qualities make up for this deficiency. No place is perfect. The staff were very friendly and very helpful. We would stay there again if we go back. We highly recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple