I travelled to Barcelona on Weds 3rd April with my partner to spend a couple of days shopping and strolling around taking in the sights. We wanted to be based in the Park Guell area of Barcelona as we had never stayed in this location before.
On arrival at the hotel we were greeted by friendly and helpful staff. We had booked a twin/double bedroom and I forgot to check which it was before heading up. However as soon as we did realise it was a twin room we went back downstairs and we were provided with a room with a double bed instead.
The room (401) had a great view, across the hills and down towards the Ramblas and the sea! The bathroom also had a little window with great views across the top of the city.
Breakfast was fine with lots of food (hot and cold) to choose from but the food on offer from the bar/dinner was amazing, with the squid and spanish omelette being my favourites!
The staff were incredible, they were knowledgable about the sites and locations of every place we asked about. The staff on the front desk would immediately whip out a map and show you exactly where you were and were you needed to go.
As mentioned by other reviewers the hotel is well placed to visit the beautiful Park Guell as well as close enough to the Metro to get into and across Barcelona easily.
We had a lovely stay here and slept well once we got used to the noise of vehicles at night in the road out front - this being the only drawback to having a room at the front and on the main roadside of the hotel.
After two days of relentless walking my feet were very sore and in desperation I asked if they possibly had two plasters. I couldn't believe it when the assistant manager rushed off to find them for me and returned with two, making my journey home pain free!
We would therefore highly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Barcelona, particularly this part of town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Catalonia Rubens enjoys a situation privileged with an excellent connection to the city centre by public transport. It's located near some of Barcelona's most prestigious medicals centres such as Vall d'Hebron and Delfos. Moreover, Clinica Quiron is located 900 metres from the hotel: five minutes by taxi and if you take the metro, green line from Vallcarca to Penitents, just one metro stop. You can also take a walk around the renowned Parc Guell. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), HostelWorld, Agoda, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Catalonia Park Guell reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Park Guell Hotel Barcelona
- Hotel Catalonia Rubens
- Catalonia Rubens Barcelona
- Catalonia Park Guell Barcelona