Catalonia Park Guell is an okay hotel. It is a place to sleep and nothing more. Here are some pros and cons of this hotel:
The breakfast was definitely worth the few extra bucks. They have a nice buffet options, which involved poached, scramble, and fried eggs. They also have bacon, various cereal choices, fruits, and lots of different carbs (croissant, bread, muffins, and bread). They have machines for coffee and juices.
Customer service was excellent. Only some of the customer representatives spoke English, so practice your Spanish and/or Catalan! If you have postcards or any letters to mail out, they can send it out for you for 1 euro. They were very friendly overall and willing to help you out regardless!
Metro is 5 minutes away! It can be a little tricky. When you exit the train station, make sure you exit through Republic of Argentina. If you don't, you will have to walk around the whole block before finding the hotel. When you exit the train station, there are no signs of the hotel. Go toward the bridge and cross over. When you see some yellow lights (yield sign) blinking, turn left. The hotel is literally less than 10 minutes away from the metro. If you want to go downtown, just catch the L3 (green light) to Catalunya! When you come back from downtown, the train stop for the hotel is Vallcara!
There is an elevator/ life in the hotel, however, it is limited to three patrons. If you have large suitcases, you might be the only one in the lift. It is super small, but there are two of them.
The walls are paper thinned. I can hear the room next door singing Frozen "do you want to build a snowman?" and they are NOT children. We can also hear many different and inappropriate conversations. You can also hear noises from outside as well.
Wifi only works in the lobby and restaurant! Don't expect any wifi connection in your bedroom. You also need to connect every time you leave the lobby.
The bed is a bit springy, so when you sit you can hear the springs go pop.
The only toiletries you can get a shower cap and a small box of tissues. The soap and shampoo are in the same dispensers!
If you just want a cheap room and run around central Barcelona, then this is the hotel for you! You can decide if it is worth it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Catalonia Rubens enjoys a situation privileged with an excellent connection to the city centre by public transport. It's located near some of Barcelona's most prestigious medicals centres such as Vall d'Hebron and Delfos. Moreover, Clinica Quiron is located 900 metres from the hotel: five minutes by taxi and if you take the metro, green line from Vallcarca to Penitents, just one metro stop. You can also take a walk around the renowned Parc Guell. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Priceline, HostelWorld, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Catalonia Park Guell reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Park Guell Hotel Barcelona
- Hotel Catalonia Rubens
- Catalonia Rubens Barcelona
- Catalonia Park Guell Barcelona