“Very rough service”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Gracia
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Negative serve, I don’t recommend this place.
It seems that waiters are very tired of they work. Not friendly at all.
The dish is not the same as on the picture.

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

In terms of quality, it is definitely better than my expectation. With the price below €15, they have plenty variety of dish to fill your stomach!

Reviewed 16 August 2016 via mobile

Waiters don't know their job: they serve even if you did not finish the plate, No words, mono sillabic.... Food is ... Not better than 1000 other japanese restaurant.
I really never come here and think this restaurant is overrated!!

Reviewed 24 January 2016 via mobile

Pretty disappointed with this restaurant after the first visit. We understand this is Spain not Japan so a little variation in presentation or ingredients are acceptable.

However, when the "tempura no moriawase" we ordered looked like kakiage with the prawns, squid and vegetable fried together in normal batter (see picture) AND the next table's Ebi tempura has the correct tempura batter, I immediately questioned the waitress. What she did was to get the knife and cut the "kakiage" while explaining that it was tempura moriawase.

Ok, I also understand the most Japanese restaurants in Barcelona are ran by mainland Chinese, so perhaps they are not well-versed with the actual Japanese menu.

Well, the taste and quality are acceptable but when they have the tempura batter but did not use it on the tempura that I ordered I could only conclude that either they are not having a good understanding on Japanese or they try to save cost on certain items.

The Katsu Don tasted like Sweet and Sour Pork...

Reviewed 22 March 2014

I was very impressed with the sushi here at Yen Barcelona. My visit to Spain is 2 weeks and I have been to Yen twice already. Service was great and the prices are reasonable. Food was excellent and I would definitely recommend Yen to friends!

1  Thank Tomeka E