“If your looking for different experience you must try it”

Hotel Primero Primera
Ranked #15 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Lets get this one thing out of the way the hotel is a little bet far from center and Barcelona beach front where most the hotels are. That said I would still choose it each time I go there. There is a special feeling you get from about everything in this wonderful hotel. You fell special from the moment you walk in until the moment you leave. The staff are super helpful and caring in the right way. The rooms ... Well what can I say else that you feel at home in a Cousy room of your own it furnished in a superb way with big windows and lots of light and then can be totally dark when you want to. There are special settings in this hotel each makes you feel the warmth of a nice elegant house. I have been to hundreds of hotels around the world but never felt the temptation of staying in the hotel and forgetting about the city.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Oibhais
There are newer reviews for Hotel Primero Primera

Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

I have just had the pleasure staying at what can only be described as one of the best hotels I have stayed at abroad. This has a real personal touch. When we checked in the receptionist personally showed us around the hotel and our room. The staff are only too happy to help with any issue or query. The room was very comfortable and pleasant. The hotel is situated minutes from the metro which in turn is a few minutes and stops from the centre of Barcelona and the beach. If you don't want to go into Barcelona then the hotel has a small pool with a lovely restaurant which serves breakfast lunch and dinner. If you are looking for a nice boutique hotel out of the hustle and bustle of Barcelona then this is for you. The hotel is owned by former Formula 1 racing driver Luiz Peris Sala, there are lots of racing pics on the many walls around the hotel especially in the 'honesty' bar where you chose your drink and write down what you have had. A great hotel in Barcelona.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I stayed here while on vacation with my mother and aunt. During our hotel search, we were looking adjoining rooms that would accommodate the three of us, which proved to be difficult. When we stumbled upon Primero Primera and learned this room arrangement was possible, we hesitated because we thought the location wasn't ideal- we were set on staying in Barri Gotic. Reluctantly we booked, which turned out to be a GREAT decision. This is one of my favorite hotels that I've stayed in. It was incredibly charming, with great food and excellent service. A lot of thought has gone into the details, which I loved. And the neighborhood ended up being very charming. We spent half a day wandering the neighborhood, stumbling upon great antique and home decor shops, and clothing boutiques nearby. In retrospect, I'm glad we stayed here instead of Barri Gotic as it has easy metro access to the city center and no air of being touristy. I hope I can go back one day!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank SteamingChai
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We have just returned from staying at this fantastic property and I felt compelled to submit a review. Before you read further, there are two things you should know 1) before booking this hotel I spent HOURS and HOURS reading the reviews for the huge number of hotels in Barcelona (so if you're a trusting soul, just read this review and save yourself the time :) ) and 2) I'm ridiculously fussy (in a good way though...lol). This hotel was probably one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in throughout then world - I travel lots for work so have a good base to judge from). In Barcelona you are certainly not spoilt for choice, which makes a decision very challenging.

The two receptionists we met, Marta and Dafne were just awesome and made us feel very welcome immediately. They were always both very sweet to my daughter, who can be a chatterbox. Once checked in we were taken on a tour of the property to introduce us to the various facilities and then escorted to our room. Most places might point you to the lift if you're lucky. They even gracefully indulged us in our meagre attempts at speaking spanish. The property itself is divine, with gorgeous architecture and interior design. There are lots of various rooms on the ground floor to relax, eat, lounge etc..

Here's what you need to know:

1. I booked directly with the hotel. The team were very responsive, helpful and tolerant of my 1001 questions. We stayed 2 nights initially, and then returned for one night after spending 5 days in Costa Brava.
2. The rooms are lovely. We booked a Junior Suite specifically because I wanted a separate area to put my 5 year old daughter to bed, so my husband and I could lounge in the room or sit on terrace. We were upgraded to a Suite (XL) for the first stay and then to an Apartment (!) for our final night. Very spoilt and very lucky. Both rooms were absolutely amazing and clean, spacious and well appointed.
3. The hotel offers a free mini-bar service (non alcoholic beverages) both in your room and throughout the hotel (also provide cakes and biscuits). Alcohol is also available on a honor system based on consumption on ground floor. There are also a number of Nespresso machines throughout the property where you can help your self to coffee.
4. The breakfast is really lovely. Good selections of cereals, meats, breads, fresh fruit, cheeses etc.. Certainly more than enough to start the day. Staff here were great too.
5. The pool itself is small (but more than adequate unless you want to swim laps), but the outdoor area is lovely (and huge) with pool lounges around the pool, and day lounges spread throughout the garden (which is also beautiful). There is a free mini-bar service here also, towels provided too.
6. WiFi great both in rooms and throughout the property, including garden and pool area.
7. Uncover parking if you need it
8. The hotel is located in a small, what I'd consider up-market suburb, Les Torres. This was the one apprehension I had when I booked as I was concerned it might be too far out of the action. Not so at all! In fact, I loved the location (we walked the streets to take in the atmosphere and architecture of the suburb). The metro is a short walk (and easy for a public transport avoider like me) to navigate to anywhere in the city. We also caught cabs a few times from various places (Las Ramblas, Gothic Quarter) etc., and it was never more than 8-10 euro. Having not been to Barcelona before I really had no idea of the layout of the city. I thought the location was perfect for us. Having said that, if you're young (I'm early 40s but young at heart) and want to be in the thick of the hustle and bustle and noise, then this is not the right location. However, I loved being able to retreat back here after the craziness of the busier areas to somewhere quieter. Suited us perfectly. Most important point here is it was not hard to get to the major sites, etc., at all. Taxis are quick to the hotel when booked too!
9. The room service menu is limited compared to some large hotels but it is a great selection, and lets face it, most guests would rarely eat in the hotel at night. We got stuck on our second night when our daughter refused to wait up after her siesta and we spent a lovely night in. Limited, yes; delicious and good value, definitely.
10. Lovely little shopping strip with restaurants, supermarkets (and an amazing organic one...like I've never seen before) are just a 10 minute stroll away (with small child if you had one in tow like us)
11. They also provide electric bike hire from the hotel, will book tickets for you for the sites, taxis, change your pillows, etc., etc..

In short....BRILLIANT experience and will absolutely stay at this hotel again when we return to Barcelona!

Thank you Marta and Dafne for giving us a wonderful experience. My very best to you.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
20  Thank Natstar26
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I stayed here with my husband and 7-year old son for 5 nights. We absolutely loved this hotel. The staff was fantastic. We enjoyed the quiet neighbourhood and easy access to the metro. The pool was a great retreat after a long day of sight seeing. We really enjoyed the breakfast as well.

Room Tip: The suite and jr suites have balconies/terraces. It's worth the extra to be able to sit outside...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I recently visited Barcelona with my boyfriend for a weekend away for three nights. We were wowed by this hotel. The staff were very helpful, the metro station was less than five minutes away and then it was about 10 minutes to the centre of the town. The pool was lovely and we had a free mini-bar in the room (soft drinks) plus tea and coffee and kettle. There was also a bar outside by the pool which you could help yourself to. Pool towels were included as well. The room was always clean and the shower & bathroom was great. The breakfast was delicious and the whole decor of the hotel was just stunning. I would definitely recommend this hotel to all my friends & family!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I have never been more satisfied with a hotel stay. Magnificent room with superb attention to detail: many electrical outlets, best free internet of any hotel I've experienced.Very reasonably priced. A spacious,easily accessible garage. If you don't need a full-service restaurant or to be in the middle of things.there is no better choice.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo