“Quality throughout”

Hotel Primero Primera
Ranked #18 of 519 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 1 September 2014

We couldn't have chosen a better hotel for our first stay in Barcelona. Throughout the quality is exceptional and every detail has been thought of to provide convenience and luxury.

The staff were constantly friendly and helpful and were able to accommodate us with an early check in and upon leaving we were able to continue using the hotel facilities until our flight home.

Our room was fantastic, we were staying in room A6 which was large, comfortable with an enormous and luxurious bathroom. The room was great to come back to after sightseeing and we felt thoroughly relaxed. Being in a quieter area of Barcelona was great as we felt we escaped the chaos of the city centre and were able to enjoy a relaxing break with a very good nights sleep. The free soft drinks provided in the room are very welcome after a day exploring Barcelona and can be replenished daily.

We used the hotel bar and garden daily and both were quiet and relaxing.

I would highly recommend using the Metro which was easy to access and navigate to the centre and to other tourist hot spots. The hotel reception provide maps and are on hand to answer any questions that you have. Trains are regular and run late into the evening. We didn't find the location a problem at all and we enjoyed exploring the quieter areas of Sarria and Tres Torres and experiencing some local bars and restaurants.

I would highly recommend this hotel for it's comfort and relaxing atmosphere and very much hope to return one day.

Room Tip: Choose a superior room, it's worth the extra money for the additional space and luxury.

Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

We are on our 3rd night of a 7 night stay. The hotel is beautiful and a quiet oasis from the craziness of Central Barcelona. My husband and I have had the most wonderful tapas in the hotel bar. We cannot understand why we are almost the only ones here. I suggest you don't overlook what may appear a limited menu.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank eileen c
Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

In researching Hotels for our first visit to Barcelona I happily stumbled upon the glowing reports for Primero Primera. .. As we were embarking on a two week cruise that both started and ended in Barcelona I chose Primero Primera for both ends of our visit and am so glad that I did.

Chic, contemporary, spotlessly clean and spacious.... My husband, young son and I were upgraded to Suite 27 both visits and it was the perfect accommodation for us in every way with a huge main room with a sofa, desk and large comfortable bed ... Our son was esconced into a charming little sleeping niche that was the ideal comfy spot for him to nestle into at night so I highly recommend Suite 27 for a family... In addition there is a separate "bar" room with a mini-fridge that is kept well stocked with complimentary soft drinks and bottled wate. The bathroom is exceptional by any standard but especially by European ones... It consisted of a huge soaking tub with a large modern vanity as well as a separate toilet and shower room with a substantial rainhead shower and ultra hot water with fantastic pressure. Only bathroom complaints are that the drains are not suited to the rainhead and can't keep up with the water flow so you wind up standing in inch deep dirty water for the majority of your shower unfortunately. This could be easily corrected with a larger faster flowing drain. The vanity lighting is also a substantial flaw in that while it is attractive from a purely design perspective it is wholly impractical with bright stabbing beams of light that make applying makeup and shaving a challenge.

The staff was sweet and accommodating at every turn and the fast free WiFi made it easy to stay connected making this a wonderful option for business travelers if you can deal with being located outside of the main heart of the city. I won't say that the location wasn't challenging because it is definitely not in the thick of things but it was in a charming safe quiet affluent residential neighborhood with taxis readily available minutes after calling for one and a metro stop located within walking distance of the Hotel. The pluses of the location and the value received for the caliber of this boutique Hotel more than made up for the inconvenience of having to make a little effort to go in to see the sites and dine at night. At $225 Euros per night for a Suite we feel we received an exceptional experience for the price paid. Thank you Primero Primera for a job well done!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tracey K
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

This place is wonderful. The whole ethos of the hotel seems to focus on the guest. It is beautifully stylish, but understated. The breakfast was heaven. The free mini bar and soft drinks were another lovely touch. Finally the staff would do anything for you. They made our stay simply devine. We'd love to come back one day.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We stayed 6 nights in August. There were three of us. Our first time in Barcelona.
Pros:
• Large room size and bathroom. The third bed was in a separate section which worked fine for a teenager
• Room ceiling probably 11-12 feet which adds to the airiness and feeling of ample size
• Good breakfast, although not as good as the ones in Brazil (see my other review)
• Mini bar in room, which only has soft drinks, is free
• Large flat screen with ability to switch to English language where available
• Nice library and bar (with honor system) at lobby level
• Suburban environment – quiet street
• Parking at ground level under/inside the building

Cons:
• Not close to city center. The metro is efficient but it’s not the same as just walking out into the thick of things. Door to Door to Catalunya Station (downtown) can be 15-25 mins. 5 min walk to Les Tres Torres Station + 10 mins train ride. However, since trains run approx. every 10 min if you just miss a train your commute could be 25 min. In addition it costs money and its not the most convenient to take a midday break as for the three of us it would mean 6 trips.
• Limited meal options nearby. Many restaurants were closed in August so perhaps its better at other times. We were not able to find any open place after a FC Barcelona game – around 10:30/11pm – which is not too late for Spain. One good restaurant in the area is “Once Upon a Time”.
• Swimming Pool is more like a Hot tub – OK for kids but not adults
• The limited noise from street level carried into our room which was on the 1st floor (floor above the lobby) – we thought the window was open but that was not the case. Has this been in a noisy neighborhood it would have really bothered us.
• Only spotlights in the bathroom – hard to view mirror when there are only two focused lights shining on the sink

Room Tip: Higher floor maybe better as we could hear people talking normally as the street level in our room.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Optimistic2
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Right, nice hotel, room A6 very nice, but this is to quiet.
Breakfast was very good, had the curry one night, but not the best, we also had a gin and tonic, actually we had two each which was 36 euro, and for some reason I was charged a further 10 euro on the bill for what, I am not sure, the tax was added on top of this which came to 78 euros, way to expensive for what we had.

We were a little disappointed with the area around the hotel, no gift shops etc.

All in all a nice hotel if you want a peaceful break, and you have a few quid to spend.

Room Tip: I would suggest all the rooms would be good
1  Thank kevin z
Reviewed 21 August 2014

After countless hours of research I settled on booking this hotel for my first trip to Barcelona for my honeymoon. Being it was my honeymoon I was looking for the perfect place to surprise my wife with. My research led me to Mr. & Mrs. Smith hotels and this hotel was listed as a boutique hotel meeting the Mr. & Mrs. Smith criteria. The pictures of the hotel on their official website is what sold me, including excellent reviews on Trip Advisor.

Before arriving, I called the hotel and was warmly greeted by hotel concierge Dane (pronounced Danny). I advised him I was coming for my honeymoon and anything he could do to accommodate us would be greatly appreciated.

Once we arrived there the hotel was exactly how it looked in the pictures on their website. The décor, furniture, lighting, mood and ambience was just stunning and extremely calming. This is the boutique hotel of all boutique hotels.

The second pleasant surprise was that Dane had arranged for a room upgrade since it was our honeymoon. That was the best feeling when we found out and this room was beautiful. With a view of Mount Tibidabo from our bed we couldn't ask for anything else. The room was perfectly clean and tidy and it felt like we were living in our own apartment. Even the bathroom was beautiful with a wood counter and waterfall shower. The toiletries smelled amazing. Did I mention we had access to our own mini bar in the room free of charge! (non-alcoholic). This fridge was restocked daily with various soft drinks and bottled still water.

Every day I consulted Dane on the local attractions and the commute and he was more than willing to help and his knowledge is extremely extensive. He gave perfect directions to any destination I asked and also provided us with great recommendations on tapas bars, restaurants and clubs.

The entire staff including the kitchen and cleaning staff were super nice and always smiling.

Breakfast was included in our stay and their breakfast menu is to die for. With an assortment of breads, Spanish omelet, eggs, cereal, cheese, cakes, fruits, etc. And their coffee was the best we had ever tasted with an unlimited supply. Even their dining area is extremely beautiful.

The attention to detail with the interior and exterior designing is like none I've ever seen. My wife and I are keen to style our home in the same fashion.

The hotel is in a very safe, quiet residential area and is the most expensive area in Barcelona where the elite football players live for the famous FC Barcelona. It is ideally located and is a 10 minute metro ride to the city centre. The metro and local buses are super clean and very easy to navigate. Dane and the rest of the staff will ensure proper directions to wherever you want to go and they will even provide printouts of maps.

I could go on and on about this place but in short, this hotel is just breathtaking and made my honeymoon the perfect experience.

My wife and I would like to extend our very warm gratitude to Dane and the entire staff at Hotel Primero Primera.

I highly recommend this place to any and everyone visiting Barcelona.

Nadir Sheikh