“Very friendly hotel”
Review of Hotel Gaudi

Hotel Gaudi
Ranked #170 of 518 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We arrived from Australia for a 4 night stay prior to a cruise in early May. Our room 424 I think had a sunny terrace which was an unexpected bonus. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast selection was good but the chairs seemed too large and made space between the tables very narrow or maybe there were too many tables. Its an ideal location just off the Ramblas and we would recommend Tarantos Flamenco Show in Placa Reail only 10 Euros and brilliant, so good we went a second time. Also enjoyed the Magic Fountains at Mont Juic easily assessed by the Metro - Green Line just down the road. All in all a good experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a sun terrace or balcony.
2  Thank Rosalian H
Write a ReviewReviews (1,491)

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights before boarding a cruise. It was in a very convenient location just off the Las Ramblas, a short walk to the metro, and a short walk to the cruise port. The front desk attendant was friendly and remembered our names the second day (which I like). They also provided directions and suggestions around town. The hotel itself was clean. The room was small, but normal for European standards. We had a wonderful view from our window of the gaudi palace right across the street. However, the bed was rather firm and the room shared a utility pipe chase with the room next door which meant that you could hear the neighbors in the bathroom. It wasn't a big deal though. Even the bed wasn't much of a problem, because we walked so much in Barcelona that I could have slept anywhere. The breakfast in the hotel was complimentary and delicious. Overall, it was a good stay that I would recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the Gaudi palace across the street.
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed 2 nights at Gaudi Hotel before boarding a cruise. We found the service very friendly and helpful; and the location was great just off the main drag. We had a room with a lovely terrace with a great view. Perfect for a two night stay.
We enjoyed a walking tour, and bike riding tour during our stay.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

We stayed four nights at Hotel Gaudi, good value but very basic. We couldn't fault the staff who were very accommodating and quick to rectify the broken hairdryer and TV remote. However our room was dark, dull and basic, no extras e.g tea and coffee facilities. The beds are hard which wasn't a problem for my husband and daughter but I have suffered with a stiff neck since my return. The hotel is in a great location, just off the main La Ramblas strip and great for a one or two night stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2014

After a Mediterranean cruise that ended in Barcelona we opted to spend an extra night there. We chose the Hotel Gaudi because of its great location just a half block off La Ramblas, across from one of the Gaudi houses. The staff was extremely accommodating, holding our luggage until the room was ready and then putting our suitcases in the room while we toured the city. Initially we were a bit disappointed in the room which, although it had a nice large bathroom, was rather plain and dark. I pulled back the heavy drapes to find the windows were covered from the outside by what I thought were metal louvered shutters that were blocking all the light. Imagine my surprise when I opened the windows and push back the shutters which were actually French doors to a large rooftop terrace which was actually as large as our room with some outdoor furniture. Quite nice and more private than the hotel's rooftop terrace, which gives you a view of the Gaudi chimneys across the street. A large variety of hot and cold items for breakfast and 2 elevators made this a great choice.

The hotel is just a block away from the Playa Reial which is a lovely square with a central fountain filled with a number of good outdoor restaurants.

Room Tip: Our room with the private terrace was 424.
Reviewed 24 May 2014

My friends and I stayed one night in the Gaudi Hotel prior to going on a Mediterranean cruise. The hotel is located right in the heart of Las Ramblas. Barcelona is a beautiful city, a great mixture of old world and new. I loved it. The hotel staff were friendly and the room was comfortable and clean. The beds were a bit hard compared to American ones, but I prefer a firm mattress, so I was fine. The hotel had lovely sitting rooms and charming public spaces. Our room was on the front and quite noisy with the terrace door open. We had to open the terrace door because the air conditioning was preset and we couldn't adjust it to make the room cool, so we turned it off and opened the door. Barcelonians stay up all night long. Our room was on what the hotel said was the 1st floor, but it was actually 4 floors up from the street. It faced an ornately craved museum which they light up at night. Gorgeous. I finally gave up trying to sleep and just sat out on the terrace in my pajamas and watched the festivities down below until dawn. I would definitely stay here again, but next time I will ask for a room on the back. My friends who were on the back slept like babies. The price was a really good deal. It included dinner at a local restaurant, and continental breakfast in the hotel. This is a old hotel, but that only added to it's charm for me. If you're looking for modern with all the conveniences, this is not the hotel for you. But if you're like me, and you love old world charm, the Gaudi will not disappoint.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back are quieter. Elevators are tiny. First floor is really the fourth floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We stayed two nights pre-cruise at Hotel Gaudi. We found it to be an excellent value. The room was clean and spacious, with two twins beds for my daughter and I. It is only a block away from Las Ramblas and we we even able to walk with our luggage down to the cruise ship shuttle bus area, which is about 1/4 mile away. We did not have a breakfast included, so I cannot speak to that, but the desk staff was very helpful. They stored our luggage until checkin while we checked out Las Ramblas and gave us helpful info about how to get to some locations. The on roof terrace was nicely appointed and gave us good views.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family