ILUNION Almirante
Hotels.com
Praktik Garden(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$141
Very Good 4/5
Gran Hotel Torre Catalunya(Barcelona)
US$153
Barcelo Raval(Barcelona)
US$322
US$257
  • Pool
All reviewsgothic quarterbarcelona cathedralcentral locationbusy roadtop floorla ramblanice bathroomexcellent locationbars and restaurantsmetroaerobus
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Stayed here for a week on a business trip. If I were paying, I would have looked for somewhere else to be honest. The rooms were tiny. Walls were paper thin and I could really have done without hearing what was going on next door.
A colleague ended up sleeping on the floor as his bed was broken.
The rooms were clean and the staff were friendly. Breakfast was poor and at €11 was hugely over-priced.
Forward facing rooms were noisy, rooms on the other side had a view of a wall.
That said, the location was superb, right in the middle of things.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We booked this through last minute ,as a secret hotel and afterwards was a little concerned by some of the reviews on here.My husband and I were going to celebrate my 40th so naturally we wanted it to be extra special,so I contacted the hotel to ask about an upgrade ,which they were more than happy to do . We arrived too early to check in (previous guest was still there) so they saved our luggage while we went out to explore,when we did get in our room it was on the top floor ( these are the best) with a balcony a good bathroom lovely beds ,very clean and the free water in the fridge was great.They even sent up a bottle of wine and some chocs for my birthday! All the staff were incredibly helpful and went out of there way to make sure we were happy and that we enjoyed our stay. It isn't a 4star by any means but it is not as bad as some people make out and I would definitely stay there again as the location is fantastic.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Confortel G, Gerente at ILUNION Almirante, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Jill,

thank you very much for your lovely comments about our hotel and about our staff.

Definetely we feel very happy to have helped you to have a great 40th birthday :-)

We hope to have you back in the future.

Best regards,
Julián Moreno, Hotel Manager

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Stayed 4 nights. Good location. Some lovely staff and one desk clerk that is trying to empty your wallet, smiling the whole time. His restaurant recommendation must have included a nice kick back - $80 for 5 greasy tapas and a glass of wine. Not clean, my feet were black from the floor. Deck was lovely, but plaster was crumbling everywhere. I learned some Spanish and accompanying grunting through the paper thin walls that would make a sailor blush. Got food poisoning at the breakfast buffet on the last day. Ho-ha. Don't do the Hotwire blind booking. This was supposed to be a 4 star.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 13 March 2014

This hotel is located near the tourist area and apparently this is the reason why they couldn't care much about the service, rooms etc.

We were travelling in a group of 6 on business and all of us had some kind of troubles in the room. Altogether I staid in 3 rooms for the period of 4 days:
- rooms overlooking the street have very very poor should isolation. And when I say very very poor I mean it. I live in a busy street myself, but that felt like I was sleeping in the middle of the highway.
- new room was very humid and mouldy. Apparently this problem is solved with some sort of chemicals, which affected one of my colleagues, who is allergy prone and had a similar room type
- after a huge scandal (it's not a cheap hotel for that level of delivery) we were upgraded to the suites and that's the only type of room which could justify the initial price they asked for their most standard room.

I would never stay there again, even for lower cost.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I travel quite frequently for my company and that naturally means anything and anywhere. From 5* to travel lodges, take whatever given to get the job done. As long as it's clean and comfy I don't care if there is a lobby, gym, or swimming facilities. I don't even care if there are no customer service available. So as you can see all I'm looking for is a decent room. I never read or wrote reviews in my life because I simply didn't need them. All hotels in my experience so far at least the basics right.

So my sleepless night at this hotel lead me to trip advisor reading reviews regarding hotels. After hours of reading I thought this hotel warrants my first ever review.

This hotel is wow!! In terms of how it is allowed to exist?

The very bad : Bed is uncomfortable as the springs kept rattling at each turn. Was greeted by roaches on two occasions in the bathroom. Air con worked but noisy. Could hear neighbours conversations.

There are others however as I explained before those things don't bother me much such as the lift felt unsafe, one of the reception staff was unhelpful in answering simple question ( others were good) ect ect pretty much all the bad stuff everyone else have said. Perhaps if I had complained they would have helped me. Who knows?

The very good : location. Right place for city break.

Advice: avoid this hotel if possible, as it seems like a lottery. Some rooms are good some are terrible some ok. Same goes for their customer service. This is not a 4* and is somewhat lesser quality than a travel lodge in uk.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family