“Fab little gem in heart of city”
Review of Hotel Oasis

Hotel Oasis
Ranked #312 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I have stayed in Hotel Oasis two times and have not been disappointed. It is in a perfect location, not right in the centre but not too far away that you have to walk long. Ideally placed near the Gothic area, a 15 min walk to the beach and 10 mins walk from Las Ramblas. There is the metro stop a couple of minutes walk away (Barceloneta). The reception staff are very friendly and polite and the staff at the breakfast buffet are too. We asked for additional towels and the were provided to us. Our private transfer shuttle was late and reception chased up for us twice to help us. Rooms are small but plenty big enough for a short break in a 2 star hotel and they were clean. Beds were comfortable and appeared to have newish mattresses.

I recommend if you are using the Tourist Bus that you pick it up at the stop accross the road to avoid queing up at the main pickup stop at Placa de Cataluyna.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the lifts as it can be noisy with people moving luggage.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
RAUL S, Director de Recepción at Hotel Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2016

Thank you so much for your opinion. And I want to thank you for the words and detail you have had with the Hotel. We are waiting for you in the not too distant future. Thank you

There are newer reviews for Hotel Oasis

Reviewed 11 March 2014

I stayed at Hotel Oasis for a business trip during Feb. The gentleman on reception was very friendly and made you feel welcome, and allowed me to check in my luggage as I had arrived early. The location is excellent (as noted in previous reviews) - so close to the many restaurants and bars in El Born, and the room rates are very reasonable.

The only criticism I have of the hotel is regarding my room. Although it was clean, it was a bit dark and dingy - not like the photos on the website! I think that's partly because I booked a single room (which was cheap), so I can't complain too much. I also made the mistake of booking a smoking room, which meant when I arrived the room reeked of stale smoke, which lingered for the 3 days I was there. Arguably my fault, but my advice is just to ask for a non smoking room and smoke outside! The walls are also quite thin, so you can hear people walking in and out of their room etc.

Overall a good experience - there just isn't an option to rate my stay good, so I swayed towards average rather than very good. Hope that helps!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Pamela C

Reviewed 9 March 2014

We stayed here in July 2013 and really loved the Hotel Oasis. It is in a perfect location: you are a 10 minute walk from the beach, a subway station on your doorstep and there are lots of restaurants and bars around you (or a short walk away).

The hotel rooms were a descent size, comfortable beds and a safe/secure room. We didn't have any sort of view but that wasn't something we needed. The room had air con which was perfect in the summer heat. Our only issue with the room was that the shower wouldn't easily drain. Which isn't ideal when you are covered in sand from the beach! Washing my hair made the shower overflow. We also didn't realise that you need to leave your linen and towels on the bathroom floor to be changed. We couldn't find a notice that said that.. but once we realised that was the routine, everything was replaced and changed. Apart from that, everything was great.

The staff were all very friendly and helpful. A great price and easy to find. I would definitely recommend staying here!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Traveler,
Thank you very much for your valuation of the hotel. We thank you for giving us the highest score. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

I stayed at the hotel as part of the Running Crazy team for the Barcelona half marathon.
I've stayed here the year before and wasn't disappointed. The rooms are spacious and clean and the the reception staff are very helpful and polite.
Good choice at breakfast too

• Stayed: February 2014

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Have stayed at this Barcelona hotel many times - always receive a heartfelt warm welcome. The staff go out of their way to ensure you have a great time. As an example - one of our group left her handbag containing a substantial amount of cash. The hotel sent it on recorded post and nothing was missing. the location of this place is one of the best you will get in town - close to bus stops, metro and trains. Easy walking distance of old and new tourist attractions. You won't go wrong staying here - I will be back. M

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank ChickenCrazy073

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Just stayed here for 4 days in Feb. coincidently during the international mobile convention. The city was hopping. We found the hotel staff quite helpful and friendly. It is a very convenient location with many buses and a metro stop down the block.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 3 March 2014

This is a very fine little 2 star hotel that lives up to expectations as such. Nice staff, rooms small but ok. Only reason for low rating is the fact that I paid 285€ per night plus breakfast for a room worth maybe 70€. I know it is due to the demand in the week of the Mobile World Congress but it is simply not ok to charge that much for such quality.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ClausHansen

Dear Traveler,

We regret many the whole experience that has gone through the Hotel. Everything we have described has already put us to work and we have improved a lot. I'm very sorry it was not to your liking. We hope you give us a second chance in the not too distant future. Thank you very much again.