“Great location”

Hotel Internacional Ramblas Cool
Ranked #360 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

Pros:
Decently priced in the heart of La Ramblas.
Location is awesome! Close to markets and train station is right infront. Many restaurants available.
Beds comfortable. Clean and cosy.

Cons:
Known for pick pocketing and theft (be aware n don't bring all items out or look like a tourist)... You'll look like an easy target!
Quite noisy at night.
Not many choices of tv channels.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Leslie N
There are newer reviews for Hotel Internacional Ramblas Cool

Reviewed 3 March 2014

room very small but clean and comfortable,breakfast excellent.receptionists helpful and friendly.barcelona is a beautiful city,however had a scary first night where mine and a friends drink got spiked by organised gang trying to get our bags,glad to say we were lucky.apart from making us violently ill they didnt get anything.the hotel is in an excellent location,couldnt ask for better.i recommend doing the open top bus tours,best way of getting to the major attractions.i wouldnt hesitate revisiting barcelona,but would be careful who i trusted next time which is such a shame.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Returned from this hotel on Wednesday 19th Febuary. As all the reviews say, the bedrooms are tiny, a little tired but clean. The location is perfect, with a metro stop right outside. We had a double room with a balcony overlooking La Rambla, you can walk to the port, the bottarga market, playa catalunya and just about every main sight that you need. Best way to see Barcelona is the two day hop on hop off bus which is at the playa catalunya plaza which is a 2 minute walk from the hotel. As I was with my daughter, the hotel was brilliant and I'd stay again. If I'd been with my partner, I would have upgraded. It's really just verging on a two star.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank marthaWembley
Reviewed 26 February 2014

My partner and I stayed here and was put in room 216, as soon as I saw this I knew it would put a dampener on our holiday. I booked this hotel through EasyJet as a package but the hotel is one I chose. This I did by looking on the hotel's website that gives a glowing picture of the hotel itself. We were looking forward to our holiday with the thought of a nice hotel and a great place to go. Room 216 is at the back of the hotel with a tiny balcony that you can not stand on and looks onto another building and a narrow alley. The room is grubby and smelly and although the heating worked, it worked overtime. It was SO hot it kind of burnt your skin. I'd have to turn it on low but leave the door open on the balcony to try and get an even temperature. The bathroom is really grubby and disappointing with chips in the enamel of the bath. I complained to the receptionist who by the way was very nice. She said that's there's a basic room and a deluxe room. Obviously we had basic. I wanted to be upgraded, of which I would have paid the extra, but this wasn't possible as there was a massive mobile phone conference on so the hotel was full. However, there was another basic room at the front, 214 with a balcony you could stand on. It did smell of smoke but we left the windows opened whilst we were out and the smell went. This room was a better one than the previous one and we were happy to stay here.
The hotel is a nice place, clean and in the process of being modernised. Breakfast isn't brilliant but that depends on what you expect. They give free water which is left in tiny fridges on some of the floors. I do know that floor 2 and 4 have these fridges.
I will definitely go back as long as I could have 214 or similar or even upgrade.

The staff are friendly and helpful. What the company need to be aware of and the customers do too is that the information about rooms is incorrect.
The site states Amenities in Guests Rooms:
Air-conditioning and heating.
Fire alarm.
Balcony or terrace.
Bath and shower.
Room safe.
Extra bed..
Thermostat.
Desk with laptop computer and wi-fi connection to the Internet.
Alarm clock.
Lounge area.
Sofa-bed.
Hair drier.
Cable TV.

Being as I booked the hotel on this basis, you can understand why I was disappointed. The safe wasn't offered to us, no alarm clock, no lounge area, no laptop, no extra bed, no thermostat. These must be the upgraded rooms, but doesn't say this on the website. The website states: Completely refurbished in 2009, the Hotel Internacional offers design, comfort...

DON'T let this put you off staying here, it's just a warning and something you need to be aware of and that you're not disappointed. Be aware that they have basic rooms and deluxe rooms when booking and state what you want at the start. It is a nice hotel and the staff are friendly.

We had good value for money, all done through Easyjet. We had a wonderful time in Barcelona and will definitely be returning. You would be wise to do an open top tour first giving you an idea of what's where and you can hop on hop off easily. We did this over two days costing us €35. WARNING!! If you do, wrap up well as it was freezing sat up there. This was with a temp of about 16 degrees Celsius on a sunny day.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front, it may be noisy but I didn't notice it really plus I live on a busy...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Organmaster J
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

The room is empty without minibar bedroom slipper and even hairdyer. We have to get it ourselves from the reception . This make us feel like we are staying in the hostel when we pay so much! The staff are not friendly either.but the location is good and thats all.

Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank Colette F
Reviewed 24 January 2014

The rooms were very contemporary and comfortable. The front desk was very responsive and often went beyond the call of duty - especially Sergio A., Joseph and Andrew. If you have a problem or need assistance, show respect to the staff and don't have a "chip-on-your-shoulder" and you will get the same friendly respect in return...

My wife and I had the opportunity to take another cruise from Barcelona to visit the many Mediterranean ports. After visiting Madrid we needed an overnight stay in Barcelona. After extensive search on the internet and Expedia, we settled on the International Local Cool Hotel. Although apprehensive, we placed our faith on the many reviews we read.

Upon arriving, we were a little concerned that our reservation could not be located. Fortunately, we had a copy in-hand and Andrew told us not to worry and that he would take care of us - and he did; he took excellent care of us and ensured we were perfectly satisfied - he also ensure everything was set for us when we returned from our cruise. The room was clean and comfortable; although the television stations were very limited.

Upon returning from our cruise, Joseph took excellent care of us as well as our luggage while we waited for check-in later in the day. He also gave us information on how we could visit Montserrat on our own, because we could not make it in time for a tour. We were supposed to stay only 1 day in Barcelona before taking the train back to Madrid to catch our return flight to the USA, but, there was more we wanted to see in Barcelona, so we decided to stay an extra day. Sergio A. not only arranged to get us the extra day and not moved us to another room, he gave us information to one of the best place to eat great tapas and one of the best sangria in Spain. To top it off, he also took his time to assist us in finding a flight to Madrid instead of taking the train. Not only was the timing better for us, it was over $100 cheaper for us!

Thanks for all your assistance and ensuring we were comfortable Sergio A., Joseph and Andrew! We know where to stay for our next visit to Barcelona...

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hpcjam
Reviewed 15 December 2013

This hotel is located nicely on Las Rambas street which is very busy. Overall we had a great stay at the hotel. It was nice having wifi in the room instead of just in the lobby. The staff was nice and the place is pretty clean.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple