The hotel is well located just opposite the Liceu Opera house and the metro station of the same name on the Rambla. A very short walk away is the Boqueria market and there are loads of cafes and restaurants. In daylight hours the Rambla is an attractive place to stroll or sit and have a coffee and people watch, at night it is rather tacky and there are many prostitutes and pickpockets, so be warned.
The hotel itself is pleasant with clean, modern public areas. The staff on reception are helpful and willing to show you how to find places and give you a map. My room was 111 on the first floor at the back with a view of a back alley - not inspiring but you don't go to Barcelona to sit in your room. The room was lovely and clean with a modern bathroom with tub and shower. The TV had only spanish channels, and although it would be nice to have maybe a couple of English language channels I would not consider this a deal breaker - as I have already said, you don't come here to sit in your room. The bed was comfortable, but for couples would be a problem as it was two singles pushed together and on castors so you would expect to fall through the middle as the beds slide apart.
The only real down side was that the sound insulation was not good and over the weekend the (mainly English) drunk guests coming back at two or three in morning talking loudly and slamming doors did spoil my sleep.
Breakfast was good with a range of choices from the usual cooked offering to rolls, cold meats, cheese, cereals, fruit and pastries. There was good quality fruit choice and coffee and hot water with a choice of teabags. The downside to the cooked option was that it was not even warm, it was cold.
I did not use the Metro as it seemed a shame to miss the Rambla - it is also famous for pickpockets. The hotel is about ten minutes walk from the Placa Catalunia where the Aerobus arrives from El Prat airport (good value at 10E20 return).
I must thank the reception staff for being really helpful when I was mugged - the made phone calls for me to help get my stolen cards cancelled. Top tip - leave as much as you can in the room safe - I did not and suffered the consequences.
I booked the hotel through Easyjet so I am not sure what I paid for the room but I can only assume it offers excellent value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Barcelona, right in the Ramblas and within the city's historic downtown,.Hotel Internacional allows you to enjoy the city's most vibrant hide-out: in the middle of las Ramblas, in front of the refurbished Gran Teatro del Liceu and the well-known Mercado de la Boquería, and just a short distance from the Olympic Port.The Hotel Internacional offers you modernity, design and comfort. Its inner rooms and courtyard spaces are relaxing and welcoming with a fresh, modern ambiance.The rooms, totally equiped has been renovated with an elegant and modern decoration. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Internacional Ramblas Cool reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Internacional Cool Local Hotel Hotel Barcelona
- Hotel Husa Internacional
- Husa Internacional Barcelona
- Hotel Internacional Ramblas Cool Barcelona, Catalonia