Stayed in hostal Goya for 2 days with my boyfriend in a double room with private bath. Considering this has the title hostal I assumed it would be like the ones I've previously stayed in before but it's a lot nicer and more private.
The room was TINY though; if you have a regular sized luggage it will not fit especially with 2 luggages open on the ground. Thankfully we both brought carry ons and it was still cramped for space.
The place is designed similar to Ikea or really simplistic styles which I liked and the bathroom was ok with a closed shower and all the necessities (ie hairdryer). Could still make the bathroom a little bigger though.
Overall, service wasn't bad, the staff gave us maps and directions to the places we needed to see. We were also able to book tours and taxi transfers with them, with no trouble.
The hostal is split into different floors sharing it with other local apartments. Our floor had a little lounge with tv, Internet, and free coffee.
I'm not sure if I would book here again now that I have a certain idea of the surroundings but this place I think may be quite competitive in terms of price compared to more expensive surrounding hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hostal Goya is one of the best options to enjoy your stay in Barcelona, one of the most fascinating cities in Europe. Located in the main shopping, tourist and business zone of Barcelona, Bed and Breakfast Goya is the perfect starting point to discover the jewels of Gaudí at Passeig de Gràcia, the mythical Ramblas or the Gothic Cathedral. On your arrival, our staff will provide you information about tour services, location, restaurants tapas bars, and tips on where to go. Do you need tickets for FC Barcelona, the Sagrada Familia or the last musical? We will book them for you. Within the same family atmosphere, we offer two types of accommodation: Bed and Breakfast Goya and the new apartment. In both options you will find the same quality of standards and services with brand new refurbished and stylish decorated bedrooms. Bed and Breakfast Goya provides WiFI for your laptop, TV lounge, bilingual assistance and 24 hour front desk, as well as ticketing service, laundry and car rental. Bed and Breakfast Goya, in the city centre Barcelona, is open all year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Odigeo and HotelsClick so you can book your Hostal Goya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostal Goya Hotel Barcelona
- Hostal Goya Barcelona, Catalonia