Location: Good for getting around the main sites, close to two metros, although the hotel advises you to get off at Parellel metro which is alittle closer I would recommend going to the next stop, Drassenes (Green Line, no. 2) which is at the top of the Ramblas. This line is good for connecting to all the main tourist destinations by the way. This is a much nicer walk across the marina area as the main road from the Parellel station is a bit run down as other travellers mention in their reviews. Can be a little noisy at the front as ferries and large ships dock there regularly but it didn't affect our stay there really.
The open topped tourist bus has a stop here so that's an easy way of seeing the main sites of the city and runs into the early evening which is a nice time to go on it.
Hotel Facilities: Large hotel which is oriented being in the World Trade Centre area towards business visitors but there were some tourists there when we stayed recently. Piano bar is nice and relaxing and the staff are all very accommodating and friendly.
Room was comfortable but I think the hotel being a few years old is looking a bit tired now, our room was decorated in creams/browns which dated it somewhat. One of the armchairs was frayed at the top also. Room was cleaned efficiently each day with clean bedlinen and towels.
Value for money: booked via a travel booking site and got a good deal with flights from London Heathrow which was very good value. However, whilst checking in a couple of people asked about the room rates and were quoted between £200-£250 euros per night which I would say is expensive for this hotel.
For the location alone I would recommend this hotel to tourists/business travellers alike.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Mediterranean surrounding, Avant-garde Art and a soft sea Breeze envelope the privileged facilities at the Eurostars Grand Marina Hotel ***** GL. It is located in the World Trade Centre - leisure and business Complex in the middle of Barcelona's Old Harbour. The colourful Ramblas street and the magic of the Gothic Quarter make the perfect match for a unique feeling which is to be experienced from any of the eight floors of our magnificent Hotel. Both businessmen & women and leisure tourists will find in the Eurostars Grand Marina Hotel a wonderful place to enjoy a perfect stay, surrounded by every possible amenity and comfort. An excellent communications network that connects the Hotel to the Old Town and to the Financial District simply adds that little extra to a truly luxurious offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Eurostars, Agoda, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Eurostars Grand Marina Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eurostars Grand Marina Barcelona
- Hotel Eurostars Grand Marina
- Eurostars Grand Marina Hotel Barcelona, Catalonia