“Best views in Barcelona”

Eurostars Grand Marina Hotel
Ranked #188 of 515 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 1 April 2013

My husband and I have stayed in this hotel in the past but it got very expensive so when I saw an offer on travel zoo we booked immediately as I always wanted to return especially as it was our anniversary. We were checked in by a very helpful young man and were delighted by a beautiful city facing room. The views are amazing especially at dusk when all of Barcelona transforms into twinkling lights. We also enjoyed watching the cruise ships come and go but when the patio doors are closed you can't hear any noise. The room is very modern. Good points: pillow menu, fabulous bathroom and separate shower, slippers, you can use the mini bar as a fridge, hair drier is better than mine, don't take one, mirror where you can put make up on, this hotel caters for women. Lovely towels. Impressive decor. Against: no dressing gowns, quite a hard bed and it was two singles pushed together, poor quality toiletries disguised in posh bag, no coffee making facilities, was sheets and blankets!! I am used to quilts. Further, air conditioning didn't work, room far too hot despite it being cold outside. On a very positive side, the breakfast was amazing, we were spoilt for choice and all the food was very fresh and I loved the omelette menu etc. everything was excellent quality. Staff were extremely efficient. Location is ten minute walk to the rambles, but a lovely walk, so much to admire. We ate at rossinis which is located just off the rambles and enjoyed the walk as much as the food. Didn't eat at hotel so can't comment. Had a cocktail in the bar which was delicious and typical price for drink. Only hope we can return.

Room Tip: Request a city view room
2  Thank JulesT38

Reviewed 1 April 2013

I stayed at the grand marinia in march with my son,we had a junior suite which was nice,when we got to our room the heat hit as,when we tryed to change the temp it wouldnt let us.I then rang reception who told us they would sort it,2 hrs later nothing happened so i rang again, this time the receptionist told me there was nothing they could do as there was only one system and if they change it would mean everyone would feel cold.We then had to open patio doors which isnt safe to leave open but had no choice and still didnt sleep.Next morning i was told there was a problem with room so they would upgrade us,when we got to thee other suite it was cool,but on that night it became a furnice again,so rang down again and was told the same thing,didnt sleep again,anmd next morning saw manager,and he told me it could only be hot or cold.Its a five star hotel,never in all off my travelling worldwide have i ever come across this.It totally ruined opur stay especially as my son was ill on the third day.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank amandaholmes47
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights. Location spot on if you want to enjoy the Marina as well as the Ramblas/gothic quarter etc. 5 to 10 min walk from bottom of las Ramblas.
Large rooms, well equipped gym- no air con so gets very hot quickly! toiletries provided down to a shoe horn and comb!!
Clean. No UK channels on television but this didn't matter seen as we weren't there to watch the TV!
Free wifi quite slow. Beds very comfy with great pillow menu to choose your own pillow type.
Would definitely recommend and would stay here again.

1  Thank Runnerbean2
Reviewed 1 April 2013

This was advertised to us as a five star luxury hotel but four stars is more appropriate. The location is good, only a short walk from the harbour eateries and Las Rambles. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was stylish and clean, although the noise from the docks was somewhat distracting. Breakfast was amazing, but we were surprised to find that it was not included in the price of the room and was an expensive extra. The main disappointment for us was the reception area, which was dated and soulless - rather like a 1980s airport lounge- giving a rather poor impression of the hotel as a whole.

Room Tip: Make sure breakfast is included when booking your room. Ask for a room on the top floor for less noi...
1  Thank GBTraveller1
Reviewed 1 April 2013

I stayed here for a couple of nights in February. The hotel is large, comfortable and clean. Staff are professional and friendly. My room was fine and I slept well. The food was also good, both in the restaurant and in room service. Good selection overall and tasty. The conference facilities were good and functional. The area is not great, being in what feels like a cold conference area by the harbour and sea (no, it doesn't have that lovely beachy feel!), but this isn't a hotel I would recommend to holiday makers. Mostly for business. There is some interesting stuff to see a 10-15 minute walk away though.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Good value for money.
We choosed this hotel for the good price and the because its situation is just at the port.
We did have a room in the 6th floor with view to the city of Barcelona, was great.
The hotel does not have a very nice athmosphere and is a typical 5 star hotel for business trips.
But we enjoyed our stay there and staff was friendly.
Multi-cultural customers

Room Tip: ask for a room in the upperside with view to the city
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Mediocre hotel. Some arrogant unhelpful staff members at the front desk. Situated far from the action so you have to take taxis all the time. Free wifi that does not work in the rooms....a 5 star hotel that has you stand in the passage in order to be on line. When I asked for a different room I was told that the hotel is full; later that day when I complained again I was told that I could change rooms as there were plenty available but too late, I had already arranged to move to another hotel.
Jacuzzi was ok, sauna was hot one day but off the next day. Yeah, tomorrow I leave!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family