I stay in this hotel very often for business. I have stayed in other business hotels in Barcelona but location-wise this is unbeatable (because its close to my office although being close to the ocean is quite nice). I have stayed in other 5 star hotels in Barcelona and in other major cities in Europe so those will be my point of reference. So lets get to it...
The building is part of a business complex (World trade center) right by the ocean. It is walking distance from the rambla and to tons of nice restaurants. It is a modern building that feels like a business hotel (clean and simple) but lacks the charm or character of other 5 star hotels.
The rooms are spacious with jacuzzis in every room. They typically have the bed, a small sitting area a desk and in some cases a small terrace. The bathroom is well equipped with everything you need (all the way to toothbrushes and shaving cream) but don't expect the typical luxurious brands that you would get in a 5 star GL, here they have hotel branded stuff which is just OK. The bed is not really as luxurious and plush as large hotel chains (large but simple bed). The TV has a reasonable amount of channel options although most hotels would in Barcelona. You get free Internet in the rooms which is a nice plus.
Breakfast and restaurant
This is very good with a lot of options and typically good fresh fruit and a large variety of food. They have two eating areas, the bar and the restaurant. The restaurant has fairly decent food which is also available for room service (I.e. fairly decent room service). The bar is ok if you are staying in the hotel with a piano which makes for a pleasant chill but very little ambiance.
Overall nice and attentive (as is common in Spain) but they tend to be a bit slow especially if you have a problem (again probably a country rather than a hotel effect). So if you don't have a problem (which should be the case for 90% of your visits) you will just feel the nice side of the service.
If you are looking for true luxury you should go to the Arts or other hotels in Barcelona (far more expensive) but if you look for a comfortable business hotel at a very reasonable price this is the place for you. Although you won't walk away feeling like you just slept at the George V, everything will have been fine so you'll feel like you've made a great deal...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Mediterranean surrounding, Avant-garde Art and a soft sea Breeze envelope the privileged facilities at the Eurostars Grand Marina Hotel ***** GL. It is located in the World Trade Centre - leisure and business Complex in the middle of Barcelona's Old Harbour. The colourful Ramblas street and the magic of the Gothic Quarter make the perfect match for a unique feeling which is to be experienced from any of the eight floors of our magnificent Hotel. Both businessmen & women and leisure tourists will find in the Eurostars Grand Marina Hotel a wonderful place to enjoy a perfect stay, surrounded by every possible amenity and comfort. An excellent communications network that connects the Hotel to the Old Town and to the Financial District simply adds that little extra to a truly luxurious offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotel.de, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Eurostars Grand Marina Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eurostars Grand Marina Barcelona
- Hotel Eurostars Grand Marina
- Eurostars Grand Marina Hotel Barcelona, Catalonia