Lowest prices for your stay
£167
£167
Destinia.com
£153
coolcaesar
San Mateo, California

Good upscale hotel in the harbor area near La Rambla

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 1 Jan 2024
I recently stayed at the Eurostars Grand Marina Hotel for my two-night visit to Barcelona. I selected this hotel because its prices were reasonable and it looked like it was close enough to La Rambla but not too close, since I had seen the negative news coverage of Barcelona's decline such as the April 2023 article in the Financial Times. It turned out the news coverage was right. I was very glad to not be paying even more to stay in the overpriced luxury hotels which happen to be right next to the urban decay around La Rambla!

One thing that is not crystal clear from the Web site is the relationship of the hotel to the adjacent buildings. The World Trade Center consists of four directly adjacent buildings which look like a single complex from a distance, but when you are on the roof, it is clear that they are separate buildings which do not touch. The Grand Marina Hotel is in the northwest building. Thus, if you get a cheap rate like I do, you will probably get a room facing southeast towards the courtyard. That was okay since I'm not the type to stay in the hotel room all day.

I had no issues at all with noise or pollution, probably because I was lucky enough to stay at the hotel not long after the city banished all cruise ships to the cruise ship port to the south.

The room was clean, well-maintained, and comfortable: no unusual sights or smells noted. HVAC was quiet. Temperature control were excellent, as was true of all hotels I stayed in during my Spain visit. The fitness center was the best of all the hotels I stayed in on this visit.

The main reason I can't give this place a five, versus a four, is the inconvenient location and the fact it doesn't directly face the harbor or the sea. It's half a mile from La Rambla and over half a mile from the Maremagnum shopping mall, which appears to consist solely of tourist traps. There is no good source for groceries close by, except for tiny convenience stores.

It took me a few hours to figure out that the easiest way to get anywhere from this hotel is to catch the V11 bus from the Moll de Barcelona bus stop (the bus schedules on Google Maps are very accurate), then connect to the Metro system at the Paral·lel station. The best place to get groceries in the area is the supermarket in the basement of El Corte Ingles at Placa de Catalunya, which is several metro stops and over a mile away.
Date of stay: December 2023
Restaurant
Bar/Lounge
View more hotels in Barcelona
2,944 results
All reviews world trade las ramblas cruise ship room service sea view minute walk rooftop pool hop on hop off bus junior suite booked this hotel mini bar fantastic hotel tapas port city euros concierge
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 December 2023

Good quite Location but still very close to the center. Fatastic rooms and perfect breakfast. Friendly service. Many facilities for meetings and conferences. Ideal also for groups. Terrace on top of the hotel.

Room tip: High Floors
Date of stay: December 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 23 November 2023

We spent two nights at Eurostars Grand marina prior to a cruise. Due to my error I booked a room with twin beds instead of a double. At checkin, there was no problem to find a double bed room. However, in the room we could see a small ship outside in the marina with loud music coming from it and evidence of setting up for a function that night. We asked for a quieter room and this was obliged within a short wait. So far amazing but more to come. We went for drinks in the Corner Bar, excellent service, then a light dinner. Ricardo was so nice and helpful, he should be acknowledged by management for his commitment to the job and his guests. Second night, more great service from Ricardo than a surprising performance from three talented opera singers performing well known opera songs. Who expected that? At breakfast Ricardo was there again, helpful, charming. A great stay.

Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2023 via mobile

I had a very bad experience with the same chain in another city, but my experience in this hotel was amazing and I didn’t expect I will enjoy my stay.

PROS:
- Lovely staff, very supportive. He helped us with the early check in and the room was so good.
- The size of the room is good and convenient.
- Comfortable beds.
- Bath size is perfect.
- Location is amazing.

CONS:
- Nothing

Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 October 2023 via mobile

The hot breakfast was poor. Cold choice breakfast very good. All self service for everything even tea/coffee. I like a pot of tea. However, the cup was ok. Room bed very comfortable. Shower no hand rails at all. A bit scary. I’m not as young as I used to be. Only 1 mug for tea/coffee in room where 2 people are staying. Odd. However, overall have been pleased

Room tip: Red bus tours right at the door more or less. Well positioned for La Rambla.
Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 October 2023

Have just returned from a 4 night stay here with the family (3 young children) and feeling really disappointed and let down.

Firstly we had a room sleeping 2 adults and 3 children, on arrival (late Saturday after a full days travelling) we arrive to only one double bed. So whilst we unpack etc a young lad is wheeling in a single bed to the room, one single bed for 3 children... eventually we manage to have this removed and the sofa bed extended.
Other minor frustrations and grievances - the key cards frequently didn't work in the lift, whilst being out for the whole day, the room was being made up at 17:30 when we returned one day. Swimming pool was closed.

Also on arrival we asked the lady on reception for recommendations for a restaurant nearby that was child friendly and that might even have somewhere they can play etc for that evening. She was kind enough to book us a place near the beach/marina, however we should have probably double checked ourselves. On arrival it was clearly a club/restaurant with entertainers, not child friendly and of course didn't have a kids menu, we got some strange looks!

Wouldn't recommend to tourists, is probably a good spot for business travel or if you are spending one night here before a cruise.

Room tip: The coffee in the container spot in front is good.
Date of stay: October 2023