“Small Portion”

Neighbourhood: Eixample
Calgary, Canada
“Small Portion”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

My boyfriend and I just had dinner at this restaurant and found it average. I got the LaLola Burger which was good, along with potato wedges. My boyfriend got the whiskey prawns and was disappointed by the portion size. It was about 13 euros for a small dish (about 10 shrimp) and no sides. The food was good, but the portions were off for the price. We also got the sangria and margaritas which were great. I recommend going here for burgers and drinks but not for fancier food since the portions weren't great and we were hungry.

• Visited February 2014

• Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Do not go there, worst meat i had in my life”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

So i went there with my girlfriend and i ordered the only plate of meat they had, wich was 28€ and they told me it would take 30 min so i expected really good meat for the price, i ordered it medium, they gave it to me rare after 35 mins waiting when there where only 15 people in the restaurant, they asked me if i wanted more cooked but of course i didnt want to because the meat would go dry and it wasnt good quality from the start, seriously do not go there. RIP OFF!!!

2 Thank Yesbruv
Coral Bay, St. John
“Below average for a great culinary city”
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

Nice setting on top of las Arenas. The staff were pleasant enough, but got our order wrong several times.

My colleague ordered a salad and we are presented a bowl of shrimp on ice. My other colleague ordered paella and after mine arrived we waited five minutes then called over the waiter. You could tell by the look on his face he had forgotten to put the order in. I could understand getting the wrong thing because of our Spanglish, but only bringing two individual entrées for three people should have sparked a thought in the waiters mind.

Once the paella arrived it wasn't that good. Probably the worst I have tried in Barcelona (and I have tried a lot). It was overcooked and looked burnt. More of a seafood rice stew than paella.

However, the appetizers were good. The Catalan style toasted bread was really good.

But I must give this restaurant low marks when compared to many other great restaurants that are the average standard in Barcelona.

Visited November 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't do it”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

So the two of us looked for a place to eat, for the last few days I had eaten some great food so thought this looked like a nice place.

I ordered the Lola burger, yes I know not that Spanish but I had eaten lots during the week so went for this. The thing was raw, now let me just set straight that if I have steak I have it blue. This was cold and practically alive. I asked the waiter to come over and I apologised (I'm British of course I said sorry) he took it away after inspecting it himself then came back with the same one in new bread! It was still raw.

It seemed several tables had issues including one very angry family who actually shouted for the manager.

I'm not the sort for walking out so I did the biggest insult and gave the exact money plus one English penny tip plus the first ever review I have posted on here painstakingly with my mobile phone.

1 Thank Drew T
Gainesville, Florida
“Good value Set Menu”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

When six of us decided we were hungry as we were sightseeing from the top of the Arenas Barcelona, the former bull fighting ring, we stopped at La Lola.
The set menu at Euro 10.50 is for a green salad, a choice of main dish and a beverage. I chose the fish with vegetables--delicious- and my choice of beverage was a very welcome pint of beer. My friends were also very fond of their choices and declared the set menu a winner.