Just back from a busy but good holiday at the Princesa Sofia Hotel. We stayed in a Comfort room which was more than adequate for our needs - we were so busy sightseeing each day that we were glad of a comfy bed! The room was very clean and tidied each day. The bathroom was also well supplied with towels and mini toiletries.
The staff were all very welcoming and happy to help if we needed it. There is a good range of food laid out at breakfast - I'm going to miss having fresh pastries each day!
I only managed to try out the swimming pool once but found it very relaxing - you'll find the gym and pool on the lower ground floor. It's free to hotel guests but you will need a euro for the locker. The photos also don't show but you will be provided with a swim cap to wear in the pool. There are also flip flops in the changing rooms which you will want to use if you want to head outside into the garden.
Although the hotel is located away from the centre of Barcelona, it is very easy to travel on the metro and only takes about 10 minutes. The ticket machines are also easy to use and have the option to buy travel cards fro 2, 3 and 5 days.
We didn't eat at the hotel for dinner, but there are a couple of restaurants just across the road. Plus, if you wander along the road for 5 minutes, you will find plenty of shopping centres and restaurants.
Overall a great stay at the hotel - many thanks!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The first 5* hotel in the city, this emblematic luxury retreat forms part of the history of Barcelona and bristles with tales around national and international royalty and important figures from the world of politics, culture and entertainment who have been amongst its guests. Perfectly located on the famous Avinguda Diagonal - in the noble financial district of the city - it is only a 5 minute walk away from Camp Nou football stadium, home of the legendary FC Barcelona, and a mere 12km from the airport. Its 500 timelessly elegant rooms are all exterior-facing and offer - from the 9th floor up - magnificent panoramic views of the Catalan capital. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Priceline, Expo Hoteles, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Gran Hotel Princesa Sofia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelona Princesa Sofia
- Princess Sofia Barcelona
- Princess Sofia Hotel Barcelona
- Gran Hotel Princesa Sofia Barcelona, Catalonia