Ofelias Hotel
US$215
US$273
US$234
  • Pool
All reviewsarenas shopping centrepura brasalovely boutiqueespanya metro stationrooftop poolbeautiful hotelseparate toiletairport busrain showercomplimentary toiletriesplaza espanawalk in showertop floorquiet streeteach morningbooked this hotelsmall hotel
Reviewed 20 October 2013

This new hotel is a wonderful oasis right at the Plaza Espagna. It is an excellent central location. The rooms are new, spacious, and the service is perfect. It is excellent value in my opinion. You can walk to the Rambla if you want to be in the center of all the action: just a 20 minute walk. It is also accessible by airport bus and right by a metro station and new shopping center with a panoramic view of the city.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank gersona
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I booked this hotel for a recent weekend break via secret escapes. The decor and location are great, the hotel is very central to restaurants and the metro. My gripe with this hotel is they have no doubt spent a lot of time and money on the the interior decor but breakfast time lets this hotel down. There is just not enough staff working in the breakfast/restaurant area as tables are left with dirty dishes and if food is not replenished without asking 'buffet'. Also one evening we returned before 11pm and the door was locked, that shouldn't happen at a 4* hotel. The daytime receptionists are most helpful and professional. Finally if you are staying for more than 2 days as a couple the is an issue of hanging space as half a wadrobe is certainly 'not sufficient'

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Putney69
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We had a wonderful 1 night stay with some friends on the 5th October 2013 before starting our 7 night cruise on the NCL Epic. Upon arriving at the Ofelias hotel we were very warmly greeted by the reception team and the check in process was very quick and easy, sadly the discretionery room upgrade we were hoping for was not available but nonetheless the room (503) we were given was very nice jndeed.
The room was very clean and spotless and the bed was extremely comfortable and as the outside temp was in the high 20.c the in-room air con system was very effective, after a peaceful nights sleeep we went down to breakfast to find a fantastic buffet selection waiting for us - coffee service was a bit slow but it did not deflect from what was a very good breakfast experience.
All in all this was a great hotel to stay in for a weekend trip to Barcelona, all services are of a high standard and the location is excellent for bars, restaurants and transport links, I would not hesitate to stay here again and would recoomend the hotel to everyone.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank footballgazza
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I stayed here for 6 days in September when I was at a conference, and enjoyed almost everything about Ofelias. The decor and ambiance are a fabulous combination of traditional and chic boutique. The lobby is small but elegant. Two glass-walled elevators take you up through a central courtyard-type common area to the rooms. Rooms are good-sized by European standards. Mine had a nice built-in window seat with a bolster where I could sit and work at a small table. I was alone, so the bathroom quirk didn't bother me. The toilet is enclosed with a locking door, but the actual bathroom has no door, and the walls are glass (with blinds that can be shut). The shower is huge and has an enormous rainfall head that's great, but again there's no door. I didn't experience water running out onto the floor however. The bedding is luxurious and I wanted to take the pillows home with me. One thing that knocked Ofelias down a notch for me was the lack of coffee-making equipment in the room. The breakfast, while really large and very nice, is also really over-priced (16 euros). And while the cafe across the street is a great option, it's a long time from getting dressed and out the door to that first cup of coffee - not to mention missing a cup of tea in the evening. However, I have to say - all I had to do was call the front desk and a little teapot of hot water and cup appeared within 10 minutes. I also got a nice cafe con leche within a few minutes of my request. Still...put teapots in the rooms please! I didn't have time to enjoy the terrace but it looked cute (although very sunny and hot in the morning). The pool isn't really a pool... just a place to jump in and cool off, so don't expect to get your laps in here. Location right next to the Espanya metro is a huge plus. The airport bus also drops you right around the corner from the hotel. If you stay, do try out the tapas and grill restaurant across the street, Pura Brasa. It's fabulous. Next time in Barcelona, Ofelias will be my home base.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Just returned from 4 days at the Hotel Ofelias. It was a nice location just a block from Espanya metro and within walking distance of all the great sights of Barcelona.It is also very close to the train station. The hotel was inviting with its beautiful decor. I wanted to take some of the furniture back home because I loved the design so much. I especially loved the pretty breakfast room. The rooftop was also pretty. Our room had a terrace which was also lovely. Our room, especially the bed, was very comfortable. I slept like a rock. Breakfast was a little pricey but very convenient and good quality. I only had two slight problems; the internet was very slow. They reset it a couple times but it was very spotty. I wasn't in the room much and the lobby had better performance so it was OK. Also, two times the shower did not have hot water. The other times it was very hot. The hotel said they knew of the problem and it was fixed but then it happened the next morning. If it wasn't for those two things I would have rated it as "excellent". However, I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I liked the terrace room but room 101 was handicap equipped. I didn't like the handheld shower and the bars around the toilet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends