“Not my cup of tea”

and up
Barcelona Card with Guidebook
Ranked #253 of 730 things to do in Barcelona
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We visited this museum after visiting the Casa Batllo just around the corner, and because we had entry on our Articket. I found that I was more interested in the Tapies in the MACBA than here. I am not a fan of his.

There are newer reviews for Fundacio Antoni Tapies

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Tàpies' works are united in this beautiful building (look up on the roof!). A number of great works, some 'interesting', some stunning.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

The Tapies Foundation hosts contemporary art collections the quality of which varies depending upon what is currently installed. On a tight schedule I would skip this one in Barcelona.

Reviewed 7 June 2013

I am an expert in art connoisseurship, and I find this museum extremely unattractive. The main collection comprises the work of Antoni (or "Antonio") Tàpies, a mediocre artist whose star is on the wane. Since the main collection of so poor, the museum is careful, in my view, to avoid temporary exhibitions that might eclipse it. So those are bad too. I can't understand how anyone could've expected a building full of work by Tàpies to compete with museums dedicated to important artists like Picasso and Miró.

3  Thank Billbooksandprints
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Didn't really get the art in here. Unless you're a Great fan of tapies or have free entry with a barcelona Card - I would avoid this