“if you call spilling ink on a cardboard art then go for it”

Fundacio Antoni Tapies
Ranked #237 of 703 things to do in Barcelona
Toronto, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“if you call spilling ink on a cardboard art then go for it”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

after seeing all the great works of artists in Barcelona, this was a little bit of a joke. we are not fan of abstract art but I respect works of Miro and picasso. this was not abstract, I don't know what this was.
we called it "oh I spilled my ink!"
don't waste your time.
P.S: the temporary exhibition was horrible too! it was called "Black Power". I'll leave the rest for you to figure out.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank orangecloud1111

• Turkish first
London, England, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Very disappointing.”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I expected to see a lot of works by Tapies for the 7 Euro entrance charge - installations, sculptures, printed books etc - a career overview. Barcelona has some great galleries and the entrance fee is usually very low. So I was surprised and very disappointed to see only one floor with about ten paintings - a couple of significant pieces but quite a few minor ones - and a collection of rather repetitive prints. It's a great building (in a city with lots of great buildings) but the place looks neglected. The guard on the Tapies floor was asleep. There was an almost empty fast food dispenser where there was supposed to be a cafe, a roof terrace strewn with litter and overturned chairs. I suspect it costs a lot to run and there just aren't the visitors. Only one other person arrived during my visit and I overheard her ask a where she could see the rest of the work.

3 Thank David C
edinburgh, scotland
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“One of the great artistic institutions of the world”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Housed in a very fine downtown building is this homage to Spain's finest artist, with no exceptions. The spaces are excellent and the collection is sublime. If you are a devotee, this is a must. If you are unaware of the man and his work, let the scales drop from your eyes.

1 Thank navraggio
Montreal, Canada
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“A modern art joke”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

An entire building, a dedicated foundation and a 7€ museum to exhibit a dozen pieces of cardboard stained by black paint. This really is what its about. I'm not really into modern art, nor do I understand it at all, but really? This is literally pieces of cardboard, old crumbled newspapers and bits of trash pasted on frames and stained with black paint or random other trash. I wish I could say that there is probably a hidden meaning behind all of this, but deep down, I'm pretty sure that's a fraud disguised as modern art.

1 Thank Nicolas G
FR16
66 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“For fans of modern art”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

The building was interesting from outside, the visit was included in the BCN card so we tried.
Very dispointed but we are not big fans of modern art.
The interior of building has nothing special.
Expensive and not worth a visit.

Visited April 2014