Fundacio Antoni Tapies
and up
Barcelona Card with Guidebook
Ranked #250 of 743 things to do in Barcelona
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Great artist but very small collection. Only about 15 masterpieces, that's all !
Expensive for a small exposition. It is not up to the importance of his work.

1  Thank Jude S

Reviewed 6 July 2014

after seeing all the great works of artists in Barcelona, this was a little bit of a joke. we are not fan of abstract art but I respect works of Miro and picasso. this was not abstract, I don't know what this was.
we called it "oh I spilled my ink!"
don't waste your time.
P.S: the temporary exhibition was horrible too! it was called "Black Power". I'll leave the rest for you to figure out.

1  Thank orangecloud1111
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I expected to see a lot of works by Tapies for the 7 Euro entrance charge - installations, sculptures, printed books etc - a career overview. Barcelona has some great galleries and the entrance fee is usually very low. So I was surprised and very disappointed to see only one floor with about ten paintings - a couple of significant pieces but quite a few minor ones - and a collection of rather repetitive prints. It's a great building (in a city with lots of great buildings) but the place looks neglected. The guard on the Tapies floor was asleep. There was an almost empty fast food dispenser where there was supposed to be a cafe, a roof terrace strewn with litter and overturned chairs. I suspect it costs a lot to run and there just aren't the visitors. Only one other person arrived during my visit and I overheard her ask a where she could see the rest of the work.

3  Thank David C
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Housed in a very fine downtown building is this homage to Spain's finest artist, with no exceptions. The spaces are excellent and the collection is sublime. If you are a devotee, this is a must. If you are unaware of the man and his work, let the scales drop from your eyes.

1  Thank navraggio
Reviewed 10 May 2014

An entire building, a dedicated foundation and a 7€ museum to exhibit a dozen pieces of cardboard stained by black paint. This really is what its about. I'm not really into modern art, nor do I understand it at all, but really? This is literally pieces of cardboard, old crumbled newspapers and bits of trash pasted on frames and stained with black paint or random other trash. I wish I could say that there is probably a hidden meaning behind all of this, but deep down, I'm pretty sure that's a fraud disguised as modern art.

1  Thank Nicolas G