“An expensive club”
Review of Luz de Gas

Luz de Gas
Ranked #120 of 785 Nightlife in Barcelona
More attraction details
Owner description: This velvet-covered music hall houses lots of concerts.
Reviewed 25 September 2013

The club offers a large dance floor, and an ample amount of bars so you don't have to wait in line for drinks. The music was good and the drinks were large. But they were also quite expensive which is probably because of the large amount of tourists here. I recommend going here only after having some drinks at bar, which serves more reasonably priced drinks.

2  Thank Bo T

Reviewed 24 August 2013

I was here back in 2003 and the place was great. So of course it was at the top of my list to return in August 2013 with 2 of my girlfriends and my husband. We arrived at 11, and we were let right in (the place was still pretty empty). I was a bit stunned by the fact that the mixed drinks we ordered were 18 euros each. Even being used to NYC prices, this was a bit high. But the drinks were big so we shrugged it off. It helped that the music was really good. However the reason I will never return is because when I ordered a 7up, they charged my 9 euro. 9 EURO for a bottle of sprite. GFY.

6  Thank Mimz814
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Lovely to sit outside at 11.30pm under a heater, drinking cocktails and eating free nibbles. Friendly waiters and good service - relaxing!

Reviewed 1 April 2013

The location itself is quite nice (looks like an old theater). The DJ (at least on March 30th) was rather bad, switching between many years in music history in practically no time...

Worst things last: They charge full 18 € for a hendricks tonic which is most likely the worst gin tonic I ever had.

I definitely will not go back, but if you stay on non-alcoholic drinks and looking for a location with an age average > 30 it might be worth a try

Reviewed 27 June 2012

I was really lucky to have selected the right hotel and neighborhood during my stay in Barcelona. It was only a few blocks from the best clubs in the city... Sutton, Bikini and of course Luz de Gas.
At Sutton I felt out of place and too old. Luz de Gas has more mixed ages, a good crowd and atmosphere. Like all clubs in Barcelona the party starts late but it is totally worth it. Drinks are reasonably priced. Definitely on my list of favorites! I would recommend to start your night with a couple of drinks at Berlin down the street or La Bolsa a couple of streets away. Then you should be ready for dancing until the early hours of the morning.