“Location is unbeatable”

Ranked #313 of 512 Hotels in Barcelona
Helsinki
“Location is unbeatable”
Reviewed 29 April 2012

We booked this hotel before it was even opened, and I think we managed to get some sort of a campagn price due to the opening in February, as the rate we paid was considerably lower than what their normal rates seem to be now. Our main deciding factors were the perfect location and the reasonably low rate.

I had some concerns before arriving as I had sent a few e-mails and the replys had been somewhat vague and not overly friendly. I'd asked for a Ramblas room instead of the room to the courtyard we had originally booked. I'd asked how much extra it would cost me, but they wouldn't tell me and were not willing to sell me a better room. This and the tone of the e-mails put me off a little. However when we arrived, we realized we'd been given the Ramblas room with no extra charge. Was a nice surprise.

The booking was incorrect, as I'd cancelled our last night via e-mail and they had confirmed the new check-out date to me but had not changed the booking. The receptionist changed it when we arrived.

The room was a bit small, but very clean and new, and I liked the design. We only stayed for 2 nights so it was the perfect choice for us, with all the amenities we needed. Had we stayed for longer, the room would've probably felt too small for us.

I particularly liked the free wi-fi (which worked a lot better than in the other Spanish hotels I've been to!) and the bathroom items (good hairdryer, shower gel etc). The bed was extremely comfortable. A/C worked well. We didn't use minibar, restaurant or room service so can't say anything about them. TV was obviously dubbed, but we thought wathing old action movies in Spanish was hilarious ;)

No major complaints here, I'd only like them to improve on the service a little. With the e-mail correspondence prior to our stay, the confusion with the number of nights and the check-out (we asked the receptionist 3 times to split the bill in two, but it was still charged entirely from my boyfriend's credit card), to me this was the only issue. Otherwise they were friendly and everyone greeted us everytime we left or came in.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank pinsoyfi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cham
Reviewed 20 April 2012

I will book that again for my next Barcelona trip!!!
Perfect Location, 5mins from the harbour & shopping and aquarium, 5mins to the Placa Reial with many restaurants, 5mins to St. Josephs market, 10mins to Placa Catalunya with all the shopping stores
There is an Irish Pub behind the Hotel if you want a drink before you go to bed, Burger King 10meters from the hotel, metro station 2mins.

We had a room to the back (not to rambla) and it gets a bit noisy in the evenings because of the pub, also there was a construction area and the machines were a bit loud in the morning. But all ok if you close the window.

Price was ok too, we paid 540.- Euros for 4 nights. Bed is huge, everything very clean and comfortable. Could recommend this to anybody!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple