Eurostars Ramblas
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Arc La Rambla(Barcelona)
Pension Picasso(Barcelona)
Ramblas Hotel(Barcelona)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Canton(Barcelona)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsstrong wifi signalgreat locationfrosted glass doorroom was cleanbasic facilitiesspent nights in this hotelfree wifihotel is perfectly situatedhuge showerla boqueriaopen top buscheck in was easysmall balconyboqueria marketrecommend staying hereking bedrecommend this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 November 2013

The good things about this hotel:

Their location was convenient. (but their 3-star branch across the street is even more convenient.)

The lobby had some pastry on the table for free. It was quite tasty (however they didn't have napkins next to it. even when I asked for a napkin, the front desk staff couldn't find one...)

The bed was big and bed sheets were comfortable. Many power outlets at convenient locations in the room. Light switches were easy to reach as well. AC was easy to control and reacted fast.

Sound proof was excellent.

A bottle of water (1.5L) comes with the room for free. (It was listed on their website when I booked the room but they always forget to put it in the room. You have to ask. )

The front desk could print documents/boarding pass/tickets for you (which also means they didn't have a business center, not even a printer for customers to use in the entire 4-star hotel. The front desk seemed to only print black and white.)

The things that were disappointing:

Front desk staff knows nothing about the area. They cannot provide any useful information. They cannot answer any questions about the restaurants I am looking for, which is actually 5 minutes away by foot, but they know nothing about it. Because they didn't know the location of the very popular restaurant, they recommended me to go to a McDonald's across the street instead.... ( I had to walk to a nearby hotel, probably not 4-star, and ask for direction. they were much better!)

They didn't even provide a map or anything upon check-in. Also when I checked in in the afternoon, they told me my room was still not available..... I had to change my plans of the day in order to wait for them to get my room ready. When I got back 2 hours later, they have given my room to someone else and assigned me to another room that had two bed put together instead of one king bed that was requested.

The room cleaning was sometimes incomplete. Everyday I found hairs here and there. Besides, there was always one item missing -- either missing a towel, or facial tissue... It was just different everyday! The items in the room were also set up differently everyday. Some days they put the soap and lotion on the right side of the sink, the other day they put them to the left. This was fine but the problem was when they did this, they always moved my stuff around. (a 4-star hotel really?)

The free wifi was quite slow.

Poor design in the bathroom could be dangerous -- the only place to put a soap, shampoo, etc is a tiny soap container mounted on the wall that is in a curvy shape. None of the bottles can stand. It also had no holes to let go the water. so within 2 seconds into your shower it will definitely be filled with water, and everything you put there will be sitting in the dirty soap water.... (is it a 4 star hotel? ) The switch is also poorly designed. It was very unclear how to control the water, adjust temperature, or to switch between the two shower heads. It could be dangerous as one may get burnt by hot water. Not safe for children or for the elderly. Also the towels are hung inside the shower space and the water from one of the shower heads go directly onto the towels....Yes it happened that my towels immediately got soaking wet before I got wet. There was no other place to hang the towels. I simply don't understand their logic.

No swimming pool and the rooms looked smaller than in pictures. couches in the lobby were quite dirty.

You may smell smoke in your non-smoking room and in the hallway...

No scale in the room. The only scale they had in the lobby cost money.

No conditioner. The shampoo was pretty bad. Bring your own shampoo and conditioner if you decide to stay in this 4-star hotel.

Elevator was extremely slow.

Very narrow hallways always occupied by janitorial carts - It was hard to walk around, even without luggage. They also tend to leave their janitorial carts unattended at random places. It sometimes ended up right in front of my door, for hours. I didn't see anyone working there at that time.

There was no closet in the room.... very little place to store luggage.

Fruit fly walking on the breakfast food in the restaurant and a big fly in the room...

Room Tip: rooms on the side of la rambla street with balcony could be interesting
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I got transferred there from the Grand Marina. They overbooked because of the football game. They had the balls to charge me 380 euros the first night, 280 euros the second night and 180 euros the third night. Travel sights have it for 150 USD.

They overcharged the poor guy who checked out before me. Thought he was going to have a heart attach. Do not know if it was resolved.

Rooms are small. No place to put cloths. No place to put your stuff in the bathroom. Towels are low budge. Breakfast food… go to McDonalds.

If you are looking for a peep show, you are in luck. There is one across the street. They told me it was 4 stars. I would be generous to call it 2 stars. Never to return, I will.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Mark G
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

Eurostars Ramblas is not bad hotel with very small lobby and rooms that doesn't contain cabinet no bathtub small breakfast area in the basement with very minimal sellection of food, unfortunately at the check in and out we carried or bags no one helped us , this is my experience.

The facilities they have room service until 10 pm and cleaners until 8 pm free wifi with slow to moderate speed for email checking and texting

The location is excellent in theLas Ramblas st near to almost everything restaurants pubs clubs supermarket attractive sites and the harbou.

Bottom line location is the best don't looj to the rest

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank albassm
Reviewed 25 September 2013

The hotel has a great location on the Rambla. La Rambla is a street in central Barcelona, popular with tourists and locals alike. The hotel was clean but the room was small.The save in the room was very difficult to use.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Mrtah
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Nothing special and wouldnt stay again. Its a clean hotel but theres nothing about it! nice location bottom of rambals right near port but not all what its cracked up to be. The lobby and lifts had a real funny smell about them all the time! it was our honeymoon which we told them about but nothing special was done or no nice gesture which was a shame. you would think they could have done a little something like alot of hotels do. i wouldnt waste my money staying here again its not worth it. Saying that i wouldnt stay on ramblas again i would stay along the beach.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple