Lowest prices for your stay
£170
ZenHotels.com
£165
Philip D
Tucson, Arizona

Good Budget Hotel in Excellent Location

Review of Ikonik Ramblas
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 26 Dec 2023
Budget hotel at one end of La Rambla. Perfect location and the room was clean and comfortable. However, there was no 'chest of drawers' (dresser) to unpack into so
we lived out of a suitcase for 3 days. The only issue we experienced is the elevator
(lift) which has several 'sticky buttons' and requires patience - if the management
is reading this, please fix the elevator! Our room rate included breakfast which
was fine: hot and cold options with plenty of choice. We would stay there again.
Note that at the time of our visit (Dec 2023) there was a *lot* of construction on
the lower part of La Rambla making Uber access more tricky.
Date of stay: December 2023
    £320
  • Algotels
0.6 miles from Ikonik Ramblas
View more hotels in Barcelona
All reviews great location drassanes metro station good size fresh fruit gothic quarter ramblas noise cruise
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 October 2023

I stayed in the hotel for 5 nights. the staff was really helpfull they made an early check in for me and helped me to find a taxi to the airport. the location of the hotel is perfect on the ramblas street so close to the port and to drassanes metro station.
The negatives are;
- The room is so small
- Breakfast is limited with no variety

Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 October 2023

Before publishing my review, I tried to connect directly with the hotel, but no answers was received.

A couple day after my check-out I have received a survey to evaluate my stay at Ikonik Ramblas and I thought that I would detail the rank I will provide.

While I would like to highlight the professionalism, the kindness, and the most helpful and warm support of Madamoiselle Françoise, the stay was far from answering the expectations of a 4 stars hotel.

Here below the reasons:
• While I was aware that the check-in time is planned at 3p.m., previous my arrival I had requested the possibility of preparing my room ahead. When I have arrived at the hotel, it was clear that there was no consideration of the request, and we were dismissed quite rudely and encouraged to wait till 3p.m. While I understand that it might be necessary to wait to check-in, not all rooms are prepared at the same time and it is usually made an effort to satisfy customers' requestes.

• After my first night, I have left my room around 10h15 to pursue my professional meetings. I came back at 16h00 and to my surprise, the room was not yet cleaned. I tried to call the hostess from the room, but no connection was provided (??), so I had to personally go at the entrance to ask for explanations. I was requested to wait another 30 minutes to let the service finish the rooms they were doing before starting mine. Nonetheless, I had only 1h available to rest and take a shower before leaving for my evening meetings, therefore I asked to clean up my room after my leave, meaning at 17h20-17h30. I was denied the request stating that the room service finishes at 17h00 the latest.
It's needless to say that this does not reflect a 4 stars hotel, not even are 3 or 2 stars. I paid 300€ for a room which I could not use and moreover this caused professional issues due to the unavailability of my room at the suited time. It is unacceptable.
• When the hostess helped my colleague and I prepare our check-out, we reserved a taxi at 4h15 in the morning. Due to the early timing, I was offered to receive a wake-up call at 3h50. This call was never provided.
I would discourage offering services that you do not provide, it is quite upsetting for customers.
For these reasons, I need to state that this was the worst stay I had in a hotel so far.

Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 27 August 2023

Just stayed here last night. Lovely hotel with an amazing location directly on La Rambla. The staff were all very friendly (despite reading otherwise in former reviews). But a shoutout to Genesis on reception, who even ran out in the rain to grab a taxi for us.

Date of stay: August 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2023

Terribile service at the desk, the blond lady especially so rude, they don’t care at all about their clients, they are just profiting on maximum of their location and that’s all. Never again we will stay there. I Don’t recommend to anyone. There are many other hotels on this street that could be better at the same price

Date of stay: July 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2023

Great hotel, with clean rooms - although a bit on the smaller side for US travelers but perfectly adequate for Europeans.
Breakfast was delicious. Felt safe in the hotel. Great location. Also took the tour bus ticket sold at the hotel and the stop is but 5 minutes away.
The staff was super friendly and very helpful at all times.
Would always use it again.

Date of stay: May 2023