Oriente Atiram
US$214
US$260
US$234
1,804 results
All reviewslas ramblasgreat locationdeluxe roomliceu metro stationcentral locationnoisy at nightla boqueriagothic quartercity breakfamily roombreakfast roomside streetclean hotelbusy streetnice breakfastshort breakbars and restaurants
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Most of the staff are friendly with one employee going out of his way and apologizing for some rain we had. The rooms are pretty basic, but much larger than what I'm used to for a European hotel. I was on the 3rd floor and because it was World Cup, it got quite rowdy at night. My room didn't face Las Ramblas, but I still got woken up at night with World Cup revelers and various drunks singing and screaming. The free wifi was spotty and weak with frequent disconnections. When you leave the hotel you leave your key at the desk. Then when you come back you tell them your room number and they give you your key.

Room Tip: A room closer to the main floor might have better wifi reception.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank RunningRabbit77
Hotel_Oriente_BCN, Manager at Oriente Atiram, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for posting such a positive review and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Such comments are the best reward for us and encourage us to continue with our very high standards of service.
We apologize by the wifi signal that we are resolving with the external supplier.
We will hope definitely to see you again in Barcelona and of course in our Hotel.
Best regards

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Check-in time is 2 pm. And the desk staff was not understanding of the difficulty. 2pm does not mean 1:59 pm. The problem is that flights from the US arrive 10 am. And after not sleeping all night, this is not accommodating to American travelers.

This hotel advertises that it has air conditioning. I don't feel any air conditioning in my room.

This hotel also advertises breakfast to 11 am. Getting there at 10:58 after a surly waiter already put the ribbon across was not accommodating jet lagged travelers either. He was clearly upset when I entered anyway.

I would not come here again.

Room Tip: I don't have any tips, other than try to sleep on the plane.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank robert s

Dear Guest,

Thank you for evaluate your stay with us.
We are sorry to know that you have not found our hotel very accommodating and I apologise by the situation you lived in the breakfast time, be sure we are going to take some measures about it, because this is not the service we aim to offer.
About the check in time it’s true it is established at 02 pm but when it’s possible we always give the rooms earlier, but as it is high season for us it’s very complicated to have rooms available before this time.
We do hope you give us another chance to really demonstrate the real service we offer,

Best regards,

Reviewed 28 June 2014

The hotel is in an excellent location and most of the staff is very friendly and helpful.( except for one particular girl in reception). This is the ONLY thing this hotel has going for it. We had booked a Ramblas view room ( not Deluxe) months ago and later found out about the scaffolding and balcony being closed off.I emailed the hotel and the only thing they offered was another balcony room facing a different street. I mentioned that I had payed more for that room for the views but no other compensation was offered, I feel they should have upgraded me. The room was horrible!
It was tiny and the only window it had was the balcony that was closed off and had a giant tarp/sign covering it.It had no drawers to store anything, just some cubby hole type night tables.There was a nasty sewer type smell everytime we came in to the room that I think was coming from the bathroom which was pretty bad too ( just a sink with no counter top) The room reminded me of a college dorm or cheap motel,lol. I would definitely not stay there again! Maybe if I had a Deluxe room it would have been better? I think all the rooms should be adequate regardless and this one was NOT. There were also some service/request issues that were not handled in the proper way but I wont get into that.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank swuan65

Dear guest
Firstly, please let us apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay in our hotel.
Barcelona city has started a façade’s refurbishment of all the historic buildings, and our landmark hotel is inside of this program of renovation. Due to this, it have been blocked the windows of the rooms overlooking the Ramblas Avenue for your safety reasons.
Please know that your complaint has fully reached our attention and will surely help us to improve our services and facilities for our future guests.
We hope to see you again in Oriente Atiram Hotel in our superior rooms facing Las ramblas after the refurbishment.
Receive a warm greeting,
The management.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

The hotel is clean and the staff are friendly. The rooms are a good size and the shower room was fine (apart from the blocked plug hole!) Would be nice to have a kettle in the room to make a brew after a days trekking around the city but I was very impressed with the breakfast, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage and beans followed by a cheese and ham croissant washed down with a few cappuccinos and finally grabbing some fruit on the way out! If we visit Barcelona again we will probably get a Hotel closer to the beach because it probably takes about 35 minutes to walk to the beach which is harder than it sounds in flip flops and 30 degrees! Overall I would say we were very pleased with the hotel, no complaints. A/C was efficient and quiet.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back, out of the sun and the views aren't stunning but the Ramblas is a very busy noisy street so best to avoid the rooms at the front.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
We would like to inform you that in our Deluxe Rooms there are available kettles for our costumer but you are right in standard room we do not offer this service. We are thinking to extend to the rest ones.
We will hope definitely to see you again in Barcelona and of course in our Hotel which is very well communicated to the beach by bus num. 51 if you do not go for a walk.
Best regards

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Oriente Atiram Hotel suited our needs perfectly. My husband and I enjoyed the location and proximity to sites, tourist bus, Metro stops, etc. we basically walked everywhere. The men at the front desk are exceptionally friendly and helpful. We asked so many questions throughout our stay, and they went out of their way to help us, especially Igenió and Fernand. The ladies, not so friendly, but polite. We traveled from NY and arrived early. We immediately checked in, and were able to relax and freshen up. The room size was adequate and very clean. We ate breakfast one morning and it was ok, however, there are plenty of places to eat - check out The Boqueria if you enjoy fruit. The housekeeper on our floor was truly friendly and polite. I recommend this hotel and it's super friendly (male) front desk staff!

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, request room away from La Rambla. They are renovating the outside and if you're a late sleeper, your sleep may slightly be interrupted due to repair work.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nidia L

Dear Guest,

Nevertheless we are going to take in count also the comments about the ladies in the reception desk and be sure we are going to take measures on it.

Best regards,