“Great gay district of Barcelona”

L'Eixample District
US$123.38*
Gay Friendly Private Tapas Tour in Barcelona
Ranked #48 of 748 things to do in Barcelona
More attraction details
Owner description: Barcelona's 19th-century historic district where visitors find works by famous architects such as Gaudí and Ildefons Cerdà.
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We enjoyed walking the district. Lots of clubs, bars and saunas to explore. Excellent hotels and restaurants in the area as well.

6  Thank Craig D

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Both myself and my partner have visited Barcelona many many times but on this occasion we stayed in a new district.

For the first time ever I genuinely felt that I had found somewhere that we would happily move our family to, and set up home in the Dreta L'Eixample district of Barcelona.

This district is beautiful and classically designed in blocks created in the late 19th Century. The feel of the whole area is friendly and welcoming and you get to experience everyday Barcelona life slightly removed, but still well within walking distance, from the hurly burly of life on Las Ramblas or some of the more 'touristy' areas.

There a some empty commercial properties that let down the 'look' of the area, but this is far out weighed but the friendly atmosphere and the
experience of greeting families and chatting to those who live there left us feeling like part of this community and very reluctant to leave when our break was up.

Cannot put into words how amazing this little corner of a big city really is!

9  Thank Lynn P
Reviewed 9 June 2013

The Passeig de Gracia had a Champs Elleyse feel to it. And the shops had a similar over-the-top nature. An entirely planned neighbourhood I felt safe strolling the streets at night and was supper impressed by the drivers respect for pedestrian rights

7  Thank Pat S
Reviewed 11 February 2013

This neighbourhood was a non-stop feast for architecture buffs. Much of it is so interesting and gorgeous. It really gives you a sense of the value that was placed on beauty for beauty's sake in the period that many of the structures were built; when form was as important as function. There are also quite a few really good restaurants. It's also home to several of the high-end designers if you're looking for a little luxury shopping.

7  Thank redrover045
Reviewed 23 January 2013

if you like walking and admiring beautiful buildings . . .one of Barcelona great neighborhoods . .need I say more. It appears I do so that I have at least 100 characters

3  Thank simonlise