“Really Terrific”

US$421.10*
Private Tour: Half-Day City Tour by Taxi
Ranked #164 of 582 Tours in Barcelona
More attraction details
Owner description: Bringing Barcelona to life with unique & customized itineraries for travelers of all ages! We understand your vacation time is golden, so we listen to what you want; making your tour just right for you. Whether you are traveling solo or with family or friends our personalized tours ensure that travelers both big & small make the most of their day.
Reviewed 17 April 2014

My husband and I just returned from Barcelona where we hired Nancy and her company to help us navigate the city. Specifically, we booked two private tours - one of Gaudi and his fellow Modernists and the other a combination walking/cultural tour of Montserrat. Nancy, the owner, was extremely responsive and put all the details in place before our arrival.

Our first tour, with Mirjam, included the Sagrada Familia, Park Guell and the Casa Batilo, all signature Gaudi projects. What can I say? Staggering talent and vision. Mirjam was a congenial and extremely knowledgeable guide and made our tour a real pleasure.

The next day Derek, our guide for Montserrat, picked us up at our hotel and traveled with us via metro and train to Montserrat where we took the cable car and funicular to the top of the mountains and then walked down on a wide path for an hour and a half. The views were magnificent. Once down at the monastery, he gave us a tour of the church and adjoining area. Like Mirjam, Derek was a pleasure to be with, knew his stuff, and made the day speed by.

If you're going to Barcelona, be sure to hook up with Nancy and her team. You'll be glad you did.

1  Thank beachsharon

Reviewed 8 January 2014

I am so thrilled that I contacted Nancy to book a tour with her company. All correspondence with Nancy was precise and very helpful. Communicating with her was like chatting with a good friend. I asked about recommendations for New Years Eve and she responded with details and leads for not only NYE but other venues and sites of interest during my visit.

My desire was to gain an up close and personal education of Barcelona and Picasso. I booked a personal tour, since that it was my first visit to this city. I wanted to get a feel of the city without getting too ‘touristy’. Nancy penned the tour “Old Town Walking Tour w/ a Picasso Twist”. How quaint! Made me smile.

My assigned guide was Teresa. She is a delight, she is down right charming! Her energetic personality and passion for her beautiful city gleamed brightly throughout the tour. She held my interest from the first moment. Her stories were intriguing as she glided us through Old Town and pointed out landmarks of interest. I stated that I was told she was an expert on Picasso. She humbly denied this. Truth be told, she is quite knowledgable of Picasso and his works. It contributed to me becoming a fan. Thank you for sharing your insights Teresa. We had fun strolling through the museum and discussing the artists works.

What a great introduction to this wonderful city!

If your plans take you to this great city, I highly recommend viewing Nancy’s web site to book a tour with her wonderful company.

1  Thank Bluezoom7
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We had such a great experience with Enchanting Barcelona Day Tours. From our initial inquiries about the tour, to booking, reminders, and post-tour follow-up, the owner, Nancy, gave personal and enthusiastic service. We did a (2 person)wine tasting/walking tour with Teresa on Christmas Eve that was a perfect mix of siteseeing, taste test of Spanish wines, good food, and lively conversation. We also did a separate (4 person) tapas tour and sampled several different styles of tapas restaurants. This was a different area of the city and was an equally fun evening. Two of our friends were a little less mobile, but Teresa was most flexible and accommodating with this. The level of service was awesome on all counts. Definitely recommend this company.

1  Thank Clive35
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Nancy Daum Dailey loves Barcelona! That really came across in our tour of the city with her. She is so outgoing that after just a few minutes, we felt as if we were visiting an old friend. She had the tour planned to meet our schedule while hitting many highlights of this beautiful city. She knows all the details and took us places that would be impractical for a big tour group. If you want to see how it is possible to fall in love with a city, let Nancy show you Barcelona. A fantastic visit!

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I booked two tours for our small group, (5 people) with Nancy in Barcelona. The Old Town Tour and Montserrat. Unfortunately Nancy was ill and was unable to join us personally on the tours, but she sent Teresa for the Old Town Tour and Derrick for the Montserrat "adventure". For both tours we were met at the exact time, (no waiting) and our tours began. Both of the tour guides were friendly, knowledgeable, fun and full of interesting information. The Old Town tour was constantly being customized for us on the go. If we wanted to see more of something, we saw more. If was wanted to see less, we saw less. If we were interested in a specific part of history, we saw it. If we weren’t, we didn’t. It was a great experience. Teresa was very informative and provided in the information in a manner that was fun and easy to understand. Part way through the tour we stopped for dinner, (Tapas) and our guide ordered our food for us. It was a real treat to eat local food, in a place that locals frequent. And of course, the meal was included in the cost of the tour. For our trek to Montserrat, we were met by Derrick who took us through the Barcelona Subway system to the train station and all the. Once we arrived at Montserrat Derrick explained the history of the Monastery and the surrounding area. We were able to attend the small church service and hear the Boy’s Choir perform. After the performance we took the Funicular and began our walk to the top. The scenery was spectacular. Part way along the hike we stopped for a nice picnic lunch, (provided by Derrick/Nancy) and then continued on our trek to the top. Once the summit was attained, we started our journey back home. It was a full day and Derrick was an excellent guide. We are so glad that we booked with “Enchanting Barcelona” for our tours. Nancy came highly recommended and we can see why. Hope she is feeling better.

1  Thank Martin G