“Great place !”

Ranked #90 of 308 Barcelona B&B and Inns
Paris, France
“Great place !”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The appartment is very well decorated, breakfast is really good and host is prefect: everything you can expect from a B&B. Location is really practical for tourism.
The rooms are really quiet (absolutely no noise from the street nore the other rooms) and bed are very comfortables.
Thank you so much Fleur !

Room Tip: Not a big price difference between rooms, take the biggest ones
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Arnaud B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Warwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We had an amazing time. Fleur was really hospitable and the breakfast area was beautiful: sunlit balcony, antiques, lovely decor and delicious homemade yoghurt and fruit salad. Not in the city centre but taxis, metro and buses are great. Recommend a 10 trip bus/metro pass (for two zones if travelling from the airport).

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank daydowson
Almere
Reviewed 1 June 2014

A long wanted wish was finally about to happen. I was going to visit Barcelona. I just hadn't found a place to stay yet. Whilst searching the web I merely found overpriced, "they all look the same" hotels. But I wanted something special, so I kept on searching.....and there it was Salsas and Co!

But what happens when you think you have found the perfect spot, there is always something that makes it less admirable. And off course the same happend here, there was no en-suite bathroom! And wherever I go, that's is a absolute requirement for me. Nevertheless everything else sounded so perfect, that I decided to take my change.

I am so glad that I made that decision! From the moment I hit that final button on my computer everything else went perfect. It started with the e-mails from Fleur, where se welcomes you, gives you recommendations of how to get there, where to park your car, what to do, etc, etc.

Upon arrival at Salsas and Co, I was warmly welcomed by Fleur. She showed me my room and the rest of the house. The room was bright and spacious with very lovely details. There was a lovely breakfast room, which was also used for some (complementary!) wine drinking in the afternoon. It was a great place to meet the other guests. Furthermore there was a table with all the information about Barcelona you could wish. Fleur even told me her favorite restaurants in the area (and please listen to her carefully, because she knows what she is talking about!).

But then we still have the bathroom issue.... Well as a husband of a flight attended I travelled quite a lot, stayed in a lot of (fancy) hotels, but I have never seen a bathroom that clean! On our floor there were 4 rooms and two bathrooms. I might have been lucky, but I never had to wait for the bathroom to be free. You don't have to walk a mile to get to the bathroom, from each room the bathroom was within 5 steps!
And wether I used the bathroom in the morning, afternoon (after my siesta) or in the middle of the night, it was spotless!

I could go on and on about Salsas and Co, but I won't. I will just summarize a few important issues:
- Breakfast is fresh, tasty and homemade (the homemade strawberry jam with ginger is to die for!)
- Location is perfect (not on the noisy Ramblas, but within walking distance of this tourist spot. Nearby bus and train station and straight on the most exclusive shopping street of Barcelona).
- Fleur, Fleur and Fleur. The best host you could ever wish!

Now just hit that button on your computer and start enjoying your trip to Barcelona and Salsas and Co.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Erwin07
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We stayed three nights at Salsas and Co while visiting Barcelona, and overall, we enjoyed our stay. It is very reasonably priced and it has a good location (although a little far from the major sights, it is easy to reach them by bus or metro). Our room was very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was quite good, and the common areas are trendy and relaxing. At times, it felt more like a fancy hostel, than an actual B&B, but that is a minor complaint given the otherwise high quality. The check-in/out logistics are a little stressful if flight times do not coincide perfectly, although Fleur was very accommodating and flexible with us. If you are looking for an authentic alternative to a larger hotel, this is a great option.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Glossop, Deryshire
Reviewed 18 March 2014

A wonderful place and very authentic. Its away from the hussle and noise of the lager lout toursit area and very peaceful. The rooms are spotlessly clean and the breakfast are what you would expect in europe, great bread and pastries and Fluer will cook you an omlette, breakfast or provide home made yogurt.
The accomidation has a small lift so good if you struggle with steps. The transport links are great, train from airport is take 20 mins then 15 min wals or short bus. Other buses take you straight into the main part of the city in about 10 mins or you can walk which is about 30min to the top of La Rambla. The Tourist bus stop is a stones throw from the accommidaction and really easy to use.
The bedrooms are good size appart from the economical one but it is all you need as the appartment has a large tabel and balcony to sit out and watch the world go by. The wine which was left out by Fluer every evening at 7pm was a very nice touch and encoraged conversation with the other guests. No pressure to be there at all as we when out late and had a relaxing glss of wine when we arrived back. Fluer is more than happy to help you and organise things, there is also lost on information from other guest on the bets loacl resturants as you wont find many onthe normal tourist map - a plus for us!
I have already recommended this B&B to my parents and friends, i love the decor and the feel of the place, let alone Baecelona being one of the best cities in the world.

Room Tip: You will have no problem but the smallest room is small but all you need for a short break. Don'...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Cologne, Germany
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We spent 3 nights in Barcelona at salsas & co b&b and we enjoyed it very much!! Fleur (the owner) is very nice and the breakfast is delicious and individual. The bathrooms and common rooms were always very tidy and the whole b&b was very cosy. We had an economic double room which was rather small but still it was very cosy and cleaned every day. The normal and deluxe double rooms have a nicer view, however for the price the economic room was perfect, also given the fact that one can use the common rooms at all times. The bus connections are excellent and it takes only a 3/4 hour to get to Barcelona airport. All in all we enjoyed a perfect stay in Barcelona, also thanks to Fleur and her lovely b&b!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank schlaurakete
Keithw532
Reviewed 16 October 2013

As a B&B in Barcelona I liked this place, not cheap and it was a bit far away from the centre but with good easy transport links. The room was kinda sparse but in a trendy shabby chic way and the bed was comfortable.

The shared bathroom was OK as it was always found to be clean and with lots of hot water to enjoy a long shower after a days sightseeing. The breakfast was enjoyable as we got to become friends with others staying in the B&B.

But sadly soon after we had left the hotel we received rather an abrupt e-mail accusing us of breaking a window blind and being told that our credit card would be charged 30 Euros for its repair. This came as a shock to us as we had clearly not broken the blind, so we returned an e-mail explaining that we had not broken the blind. Sadly this e-mail was ignored so we sent 3 further e-mails that were also ignored. Finally we got a reply after writing directly to the manager who again accused us of breaking the blind and not going through the proper check out process (this was not correct)

Sadly this situation took several more e-mails to resole and left us feeling quite upset due to the false accusations made by this hotel.
I would liked to have said staying her was a nice experience but sadly this has been soured due to the false accusations of breakages.

Room Tip: Check the location and transport links before booking
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Keithw532
Fleur S, Propriétaire at Salsas and Co, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear guest,
Yes, when we find a room with a broken furniture and no review about it from our guests at the moment of the checkout, we use to send an email asking for an explanation referring to the problem.
Generally, Salsas and Co don't ask for any deposit during the check in time because we try to offer an easy going check in depending of a respectable exchange. We are always opened to discussion in case of incident. So, it's quite disappointing and delicate to discover a broken place after departure.
Hopefully, everything has a solution and I'm happy to read that staying at Salsas and Co was a nice experience for you both.
Thanks for sharing.