This hotel has a lot going for it, and with just a little care, could be amazing! We stayed for six nights.
- Convenient location in El Raval. The Christopher Columbus statue is at the end of the street, Las Ramblas is five minutes walk away and you are equidistant to Drassanes and Parallel metro stations. The immediate surrounding area is quiet and generally a bit bleak, but it’s very safe. You are also very close to Sant Atoni and Poble Sec suburbs which is where we ate out; these are good areas to find non-touristy tapas bars and restaurants.
- Comfy beds and strong shower pressure
- Good quality Wifi & full size safe that’s big enough for a laptop
- Roof terrace with pool – it was always busy, but we could always find a place to put down a towel on the decking and the view is stunning
- Maintenance. We arrived on a Saturday night and our wardrobe was broken as the heavy door has fallen off its tracks. The hotel doesn’t employ maintenance staff over the weekend, so we had two nights with nowhere to put our clothes.
- We were also allocated a triple room with 3 single beds when we had booked a double. We were told if we wanted to change then it would cost us €20 and that we shouldn’t expect to receive a double bed if we had booked a double room, that a double room could mean either twin beds OR a double bed. Fortunately the hotel eventually changed our room for free, which was appreciated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The building is located in the Raval Quarter, in the Ciutat Vella district. It is superbly located on the Av. Drassanes, 23-25, which is in the old city center, right in the heart of Barcelona, a few minutes walk from Las Ramblas, Port Vell, the cruise terminals at the port, the Maremagnum leisure area and the Paral.Lel theatre district. Andante Hotel is a 3* establishment, practical, modern and inexpensive, with 134 rooms over 10 floors, with different types available: Doubles, Triples, Family, Singles, with a Balcony, with Panoramic Views and for the disabled. All rooms are exterior rooms. The hotel provides an outdoor plunge pool, free Wi-Fi, Internet corner 24h, luggage storage room, late check-out room, reception 24h and gym. It also offers buffet breakfast with "show cooking". It has a large terrace and a self-service microwave and vending machines for drinks, snacks and sandwiches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Andante reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Andante Barcelona, Catalonia