“Great Value for a Family of 5”

Four Points by Sheraton Barcelona Diagonal
Ranked #155 of 515 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for 3 nights with my wife, our 2 young sons, and my mother-in-law. I had been in BCN on business and then my family flew over to join me for a holiday...3 nights are the Four Points before heading to the Costa Brava. We had 2 adjoining rooms...not always easy to find in Europe.
The room was bright, the hotel super clean, the staff were friendly and helpful, and the location was just fine. The metro was just a short walk away from the hotel...plus the tram and taxi's are right out front.
I should note that I was using Starwood points for our stay and this hotel represented excellent value for those points...possibly some of the best value in the entire Starwood roster of hotels.
I'm sure our next trip to Europe will be to a new destination but should we find ourselves in BCN again, we would definitely stay at the same hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank cantravel72

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Stayed here for three nights in April....

Good:
- location (I like Diagonal, the hotel is situated in between two large malls)
- good transportation close to the hotel, tram, bus and metro.
- delicious breakfast
- cheap food in the restaurant, cheap drinks in the bar
- large rooms (was upgraded to a comfort room as a SPG platinum member)
- pleasant staff

Bad:
- rooms little bit too simple (feels slightly more simple and dated than other FP hotels, even though it is a relatively new hotel)
- large room, but very spartan with furniture - no chairs, no coffee table, no sofa, etc....
- I guess security could be better, there was a pickpocketing episode in the bar one of the nights (I was sitting in the bar myself when this happened. Some guys stole camera and glasses from a guest).
- broken WC, it wouldn't pump in water after flushing. Every time I flushed I had to open the WC top and push the top of the pump in order for it to start pumping water inside the tank).
- no swimming pool (the Novotel beside have a rooftop pool).

Overall, a nice place to stay if the price is right :)

Room Tip: High floor to avoid street noise.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Xavier M, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Barcelona Diagonal, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Skrosvik,
Thank you for your comments regarding your last stay at our Hotel, We are ever trying to better our services and products continuously so you are better served and comfortable. As for the security matter we are aware that big cities and their problems are sometimes uncontrollable which is one of our main concerns, therefore we have security officers now 24hrs in the Hotel to help keep these un wanted individuals out of the premises but our main concern is to keep all our clients safe and sound when they are with us.
Thank you once again for the constructive criticism and please if you are in Barcelona again it would be my please to greet you.

S.Tuineau
Operations Manager

Reviewed 10 March 2014

The staff are very friendly and helpful. The location is close to the Glories metro stop and there are even several tram stops nearby. There are plenty of shops and restaurants within walking distance to the hotel. The platinum benefits are not as great as some other Starwood properties. They do participate in the green program so you can get your 500 points if you choose the 250 for the welcome amenity and then take part in the MAGC program. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms have all of your basic needs. I would certainly stay here again during my next stay in Barcelona.

Room Tip: Try to get upgraded to a bigger room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Lewis C
Xavier M, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Barcelona Diagonal, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear whslc,
Thank you for your great comments regarding your stay here at the Hotel, we are glad to see that our guests are happy with the service that our staff have offered. I hope that this will not be your last stay here in this City and we look foward to seeing you again.

regards from Barcelona

Reviewed 9 March 2014

After traveling two weeks with my parents, Barcelona was our last stop. I was extremely tired and ready to go home but as soon as I walked into my room; I want to start my vacation all over again. I got a corner room on the 10th floor and it was beautiful. I could see the Sagrada Familia and the Tibidabo from my window. The room was big, very clean and the bed was super comfortable
We spent 6 nights at this hotel, and I was very sad to leave. It felt like home. I would like to mention that in my two previous trips to Barcelona with my husband, I stayed at the W Barcelona, which is nice but pricey. Since I was with my parents this time, I need something different. I was afraid that staying at the Four Points was going to be a shocking change, but NOOOO!! I feel like I found my new place to stay every time I go to Barcelona.
All the staff was VERY courteous, from the doorman, receptionist, concierge, restaurant; everybody was super nice, especially German at the front desk, the lady at the front desk/ concierge that helped me with all my day planning questions (I wish I can remember her name she was very enthusiastic, kind and patient), and the lady from Ecuador at the restaurant.
Food was very good and good price too, they have breakfast buffet and fixed menus for lunch and dinner. The only thing is that they don’t change the dinner menu much, so after few days it gets repetitive.
We didn’t feel the distance to the main attractions was an issue. The metro was about 10 minutes away. The trams was in front of the hotel. The Glories mall about 3 minute walk from the hotel was very nice, too.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank lookcle
Xavier M, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Barcelona Diagonal, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Lookcle,

Thank you for the great comments regarding your stay with us here in Barcelona, We are glad to see that you enjoyed the service of the Hotel and that the staff helped out while you made the most of your well-earned Holidays. We celebrate your satisfaction and great stay and invite you back to Barcelona and our Hotel to repeat it.
We hope you arrived safely back home and see next time you visit Catalonia and Spain.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

I quite enjoyed my stay at this hotel. While it's not located directly in the CBD area, the subway is less than a 15 minute walk, right next to the Torre Agbar. There's also a shopping centre with a supermarket about a block before the subway station. Very convenient.

Right next to the hotel there is a Diagonal strip walkway that has many restaurants and shops. If you walk all the way down, you'll hit the beach. It's only a 20min walk if that. I was here in late summer and the beach being a nice walk away was wonderful. The neighborhood around the hotel isn't noisy or loud, which made it really peaceful.

The front desk staff are amazing, friendly, kind, and extremely supportive. When I asked for directions, they gave me website print out directions. They gave great advice on where to go and where to get things. When my Spanish broke down, they were very kind to let me speak in English. I insisted they speak back in Spanish, and it worked! They were very flexible and accommodating of my needs. I felt comfortable.

I would stay here again if ever in Barcelona.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank KitoBA

Dear GlobalChu...,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay, we are gald that the Hotel has reached or exceeded your expectations and we will take note for the future as to keep the standard high.
We hope this will not be the last visit to our great city and we look foward to seeing you back again in the near futrure.

Saludos from Barcelona

Reviewed 4 March 2014

After reading all reviews from all main sites including tripadvisor,I decided this was the place to stay while visiting barcelona,first of all it was easy to find by using the metro, with two stations on two different lines within 10 mins of hotel,reception staff were both professional and very friendly,asked for a room on a high floor with a view and was given just that,room was both modern and spacious with all mod-cons.Breakfast was good with plenty of choice,one slight complaint was that all hot food was cold on all three mornings of our stay, but we did find enough choice to be satisfied and all in all were happy when we left our table,also had drinks in the bar and were happy with quality and price.We also ordered room service,and food / service were good,this really is a very good hotel and I will be booking my next stay in barcelona at the four points sheraton diagonal.

Room Tip: I do think that if you want to avoid traffic noise and get a good view of the city then a room on a...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank joehealy

Dear joehealy,

Thank you for the great comments regarding your stay with us here in Barcelona, We glad to see that you enjoyed the service of the Hotel and that the staff helped out while you made the most of your well-earned Holidays.
Please take us in to consideration for you next visit to Catalonia and Spain.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Loved this hotel. Very handy for buses, trams, metro & even the Grayline Ho Ho stop was close by. Shopping on the doorstep too.
Food & drink very reasonably priced by any standards, 3 courses & glass of vino for 19 Euros!!
Close to what looked like good bars & restaurants. Loved sitting in the restaurant watching the world go by as Avenida Diagonal came to life in the morning.
Walking was easy too, loved that you could actually walk down the centre of Avenida Diagonal or Ramblas Poblenou.
Our room on the 3rd floor with kingsize bed was a decent size & we had no problem with noise from outside despite looking down on the taxi rank at the corner.
Staff were very friendly & helpful.
As others have mentioned though, taxi driver from airport did not recognise name of hotel, we did give him the exact address but he still had a problem. Maybe management need to put some info out to the taxi companies/ranks at the airport.
Mind you, lots of taxis sitting outside at back corner of hotel & very knowledgeable drivers. Our taxi to cruise terminal was less than people had mentioned on here.
Will certainly recommend to friends & family heading to Barca & hope to visit again in the future.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple