“great clean hotel”

Four Points by Sheraton Barcelona Diagonal
Ranked #153 of 519 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We arrived early after getting off a cruise. Room was not ready but they held our suitcases. Front desk was helpful with bus and subway information. Room on a top floor was spacious and clean . A large window faced the Diagonal. Neighborbood was good. A mall across the street and convenient bus stop . Subway a little further down the road. I have been to Barcelona many times. It is not necessary to stay in the Ramblas area which I find a little seedy. The hotel a bit further from the airport-ride cost 40 euros. Slept well, breakfast was good.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank iliv4food
Xavier M, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Barcelona Diagonal, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear iliv4food,

Thank you for your kind coments regarding your stay with us here in Barcelona, I like to think that we are trying our best for all our clients and if we can go a little further why not we have a lot to gain from your satisfaccion, It is a pleasure to have you with us and if you do decide to return please let us know so we can prepare for your arrival.

Regards from Barcelona

X.M

Write a ReviewReviews (1,319)

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Booked two rooms here and had breakfast and one dinner here. Please read my review regarding the restaurant in another posting to differentiate the breakfast and dinner quality.

The hotel itself is designed in a modern and comfortable way. Here are the pro and cons:

Pro:
- Very comfortable beds
- very friendly staff
- all attractions are reachable within a reasonable time. Metro Station (Gloriès) just 500m away
- good restaurants (try Muns for some gourmet Argentine Empanadas) and shopping center (including Carrefour) within walking distance
- I could use my Media Center plugged to the TV to show my kids some series and movies
- price wise absolutely competitive and worth a booking

Cons:
- one of the room I have booked was with a rollaway bed which the hotel charged extra. BUT when we entered the room, we had to request a rollaway bed to be installed. WHY do I book a room with pre-charged bed and the hotel can't manage to get it into the room before I check in?
- my shower dispenser wasn't filled up for two consecutive days. The housekeeping might miss it for once but certainly not two days in a row!!!
- despite my early check-out of one of the room and extension till 4pm for the second room, the front desk programmed the key wrongly and gave me access to the room which I have checked out already. Then after noticing the error and corrected at the front desk, the key then didn't work upon my return so I had to go to the front desk to get it done the third time.

These are certainly minor issues but the quality of any hotel in this world lies in details...

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank bchl1a

Dear bchl1a,
I have read the feed back from your letter and as always we are greatful for all our clients constructive coments, We defenitly have addressed your points mentioned as to better the service and as a learning process for your customers to come.
Thank you again for sharing these issues and the much precious time taken to respond to improve our service and customer experience.

Regards From Barcelona.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Fantastic property away from the more popular tourist areas - but, everything in Barcelona is within 10-30 minutes of this place. First Ramble de Poblenou is a very interesting street - walk straight down 20 minutes to the beach. 20-30 good restaurants along the way. Subway is only 10-15 minute walk and takes you right to the Old City. Rooms are good size, very clean, modern and quiet. Breakfast was included with the room price and was a very good buffet selection. For the money this is the best place in Barcelona.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank aspen5

Dear aspen5,

We do hope that you return to see us again soon and thank you for your very kind words regarding your stay with us here at the Four Points Barcelona, We are glad that we are doing what our clients ask of us and we hope to keep up this level but never forgetting that the competition is high. We hope you had a safe trip back home and do repeat with us in the future.

Regards again from warm Barcelona.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

This is a wonderful hotel, with helpful and friendly staff. The neighborhood is very good, right across from the big mall, don't get me wrong. They held my luggage for a full week while we went around Europe. Very accommodating place. I highly recommend. A bit out of the way of major attractions, but if I am travelling on business this will be the place I stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 July 2014

excellent location where you can just go for a walk and find great places to eat and drink.

the rooms are well appointed and compact. the service is standard although a little slow on the check-in process.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2014

At any hour of the day or night, Poblenou is full of life. The peaceful neighborhood is filled with people of all ages - tourists and locals alike - and is lined with charming restaurants making it easy to find a bite to eat.

At the end of the pedestrian street fronting the hotel is a beautiful beach (if somewhat crowded on weekends). It's a great distance for a quick jog.

The subway is very conveniently located - 2 stations are within a 5-10 minute walk from the hotel. It's then a 15 minute ride to the city center and other Barcelona attractions.

I was concerned that that Four Points might be 'too cheap' in comparison to other options In Barcelona. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was simply an extraordinary value.

Room Tip: Room on 3rd floor facing corner of Diagonal was fine.