“Great location but a bit disappointed”
Review of K+K Hotel Picasso

K+K Hotel Picasso
Ranked #31 of 514 Hotels in Barcelona
Perth, Australia
“Great location but a bit disappointed”
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Great location - I love the gothic quarter of barcelona. Hotel located amidst tourist sites, shopping areas, great bars and eating places. I also read good teviews of the hotel so I was really excited about my stay. The breakfast buffet is definitely good and the buffet staff excellent! However, I was disappointed with the reception staff. One of them gave me a message with missing details. I was celebrating my birthday while I was there so I asked for a suggestion of a good restaurant. I was leaving for a day tour so I asked for help in making the reservation. The guy at the desk said he would but forgot. So we rocked up to the resto without a reservation. Good they had a table. The hotel actually called the resto when we were already having dessert! It was also unfortunate that the day we were leaving there was a marathon on. Aside from the fact that the marathon is on and that the road in front of the hotel will be closed, no one could tell us what exactly we should do to get to the barcelona sants station. If this happens while you are in barcelona, dont bother taking a taxi to the Sants station. After 35 euros, the cab still couldnt bring us in front of the station. So we had to walk a long way with our luggages. Being locals, both the hotel and the taxi drivers should know this now. I was quite disappointed with the level of service and information that I got from this hotel

Stayed March 2014
Marina R, General Manager at K+K Hotel Picasso, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing the K+K Hotel Picasso during your recent stay in Barcelona! We know that you have a choice when you travel, and appreciate you choosing our hotel for your getaway.

Naturally I was very disappointed to learn that your stay at our hotel did not live up to your expectations and my team and I thank you for sharing the reasons why..
Here at K+K Hotel Picasso, we pride ourselves on the standards of product and service we offer, which makes it all the more disappointing to read that we have let ourselves down on this occasion.

I would certainly have valued the opportunity to discuss the details of your stay during your time with us, but as this has not been possible, please rest assured that I will share your comments with my team, especially my Front Office Manager and his colleagues.

Now, as you may see from the grand variety of other posts on this site, we have many guests that feel we have wonderful service and a very special hotel in an excellent location.

Naturaly, I am very sorry that your experience was not as positive as that of others but thank you for sharing this with me.

Resident Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (391)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Amazing hotel, neighbourhood, staff, rooms. We stayed 3 days. The location is excellent - you can walk everywhere in 10-20 minutes top. Breakfast included, delicious and plenty. Staff well educated, friendly and helpful. Verry good sangria.
I would recommend this hotel to everybody that want a unique experience. They really make you feel like home away from home.We were sad leaving such a great place

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Good afternoon and greetings to Bucharest,
I am so glad you enjoyed your visit to Barcelona and your stay at our K+K Hotel Picasso!
We too love being in the heart of this lively city and are humbled by your most wonderful 5* Review on our hotel. A big thank you from all of us here at K+K Hotel Picasso.

We look forward to welcome you back again sometime soon!

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

The hotel is located in the El Born area opposite the park and zoo. There's lots of good tapas bars and restaurants minutes from the hotel. The hotel is modern with helpful staff on reception. My stay included a welcome drink which ended up being a few more. The bar also serves some good tapas selections. Breakfast was plentiful with excellent choice of hot and cold foods. My room was a good size as was the bathroom. It faced the park and was a little noisy with traffic so if you're a light sleeper I'd suggest you ask for a room facing the back. Wi-fi is free in the room and the reception was excellent. There's also a computer you can use in the reception area and the business centre if you need to print something. Overall I had a happy stay.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Dear Aussie1313,

A big thank you for sharing your 5* review of our K+K Hotel Picasso on this helpful platform!
My team and I are so delighted to hear that everything met your expectations and we truly appreciate your support and want to thank you for this amazing review!

I sincerely hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the not too distant future.

Ulricehamn, Sweden
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

This was our first visit to Barcelona and we picked this hotel from the reviews on Tripadvisor. Overall a very nice hotel. Staff very concerned and helpful. Breakfast perfect and staff very effective. The room was comfortable with a lovely bed. Only minus is the wall to wall carpet, which in my opinion doesn't belong in hotel rooms, because of hygienic reasons. The location is very good and away from the busiest parts of Barcelona, still within walking distant to most well known places and good restaurants.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Per C
Buenas tardes from Barcelona,
Dear Per C, thank you so much for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to Barcelona. We're so very grateful that you took the time to share your positive experience with us and the TA community. It's great to hear that you were able to take full advantage of our location, our services, amenities, friendliness of my colleagues and your comfort during your stay.

Best wishes from all of us here at K+K Hotel Picasso and hopefully see you next time your travels bring you to Barcelona.

Kent, England
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We have just returned from a suprise weekend with our friends to celebrate their 25th wedding anniversary staying in K+K in Barcelona. Everything about this hotel is truly excellent, from the helpful and friendly staff, to the amazing breakfasts , to the comfortable and lovely rooms, and the wonderful rooftop terrace, this hotel is a an absolute must if you are staying in Barcelona.

Location wise it is perfect, in a quiet part of town, overlooking a beautiful park, and a ten minute walk to the beach, and fifteen minutes to Las Ramblas, it is pretty central but far enough away from the hustle and bustle of the centre of the city.

The hotel itself is immaculate. The dining room for breakfast is spacious and the vast variety of breakfast delights are constantly restocked ( including a bottle of cava) which is a lovely touch; bubbles for breakfast !!!! The bar and the outside seating area with a nice water feature is excellent and a nice place to enjoy a drink before going out to dinner. The rooms are of a very high standard with nice bathrooms and an amazing power shower,and an array of toiletries, there is no detail that is missed with this hotel. We stayed in Rooms 210 and 212 which are so nice with a little balcony overlooking the street and the park.

Lastly as it was our friends anniversary weekend, the hotel went out of their way to make sure that they felt special, and I would like to thank the staff for doing this. A brilliant hotel, and will we be back ? You bet !!!!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Smiley_Happy_People
Buenos dias dear Smiley_Happy_People :)

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us for your surprise weekend getaway to Barcelona! We are humbled by your headline and really apreciate you writing us such a favorable review - - THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH -- FROM ALL OF US!!!
My team and I are so delighted that we lived up to your expectations and we can't wait to see you the next time you visit Barcelona or any of the other K+K Destinations in Europe.

Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Being a well seasoned traveller across the globe, I would rate this little gem very highly. Excellent location, fantastic staff, very clean and modern with a varied and fresh breakfast. Walking distance of everything, Ramblas, the Port, the Zoo in lovely quiet friendly neighbourhood. Try it you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Cameronsdad50
Greetings to Northampton and thank you very much for taking the time and writing such a nice and positive review of our hotel. We really appreciate that a lot and we hope to see you again soon here at K+K Hotel Picasso, Barcelona!!

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Just complted a very enjoyable long weekend. From the mommnet we contacted this hotel to arrange a car pick up they could not have been more helpful. Room was comfortable and quiet and the room service very courteous. Restaurant reccomendations were fantastic and location close to a number of major sites all made up a lovely weekend.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Patrick G, We’re so grateful that you chose to stay with us, and we're delighted to hear just how much you enjoyed your time. As you mentioned, you can’t beat the location of our K+K Hotel Picasso in the very heart of Barcelona's Old Town.

We look forward to welcoming you back for your next Barcelona getaway.

Best regards,