“Great City for a visit”

K+K Hotel Picasso
Ranked #38 of 515 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Spent 4 nights with my wife at the K+K hotel Barcelona

It is a great place to base your visit , a beautiful park is on the doorstep and contained within the park is Barcelona Zoo.

The main centre is a 15 minute walk away and easy access to the main sights , lots of great bars and restaurants nearby , so no need to travel far in the evenings.

As for the hotel , it meets all the high standards expected from a K+K hotel , very clean with fantastic staff , who really work to ensure you have a great stay.

Breakfast was excellent and the team work in the restaurant , first class

The only downside was when the Cocktail Bar next door closed , 3am and everyone saying their goodbyes , right under our room window.

Get a room that is not 104/106 etc and things would be perfect

We will be back and can't wait

Room Tip: Avoid the lower floors and those overlooking the side street
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Marina R, General Manager at K+K Hotel Picasso, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Bil T,
Many thanks to you and your wife for staying with us here at K+K Hotel Picasso, Barcelona. I surely wish you could have given us 5 stars nevertheless I am very grateful for the wonderful feedback. I am humbled by your kind words about my first class staff. Please rest assured that we have taken measures into our hands and spoken to the owner of the bar next door. I sincerely hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again and please feel free to contact me directly beforehand so I can allocate your room  Yours sincerely, Marina Riess – Resident Manager

Reviewed 30 April 2014

I selected this hotel on the strength of reviews on Trip Adviser and wan't disappointed. It's a great location - 10 minutes walk to the beach and around 25 to the Sagrada Familia. Apart from taking the cable car to Montjuic (which is well worth the climb to the top), we walked everywhere on our 5 night trip. The staff make the hotel special - they are all professional and friendly. The breakfast was excellent, our room (overlooking the lovely park) was clean and spacious and free use of the tablet was a welcome surprise. There are several computers, with printers, allowing you to book and print tickets. I bought this trip as a Christmas present for my partner and the hotel left a bottle of cava and macaroons in the room - it was a really lovely touch and very much appreciated. If you stay here, make sure you explore the local area - it's buzzing. Thank you to all at K+K Picasso - we thoroughly enjoyed our stay with you.

Room Tip: Our room on the 4th floor overlooking the park was very quiet

Greetings to Devon,
A very big thank you for sharing your review of our K+K Hotel Picasso! My team and I are so delighted to hear that everything met your expectations. We truly appreciate your support and want to thank you for this amazing review! I sincerely hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We are just back from a wonderful 3 night stay at this hotel.
The location was excellent and the staff fantastic - very helpful and attentive. .
Breakfast had everything you could possibly want and the menu changed daily. Staff were on hand to top up food plates and clear dirty ones and you hardly had a wait more than a couple of minutes when you first sat down to be asked if you wanted tea or coffee.
We had never been to Barcelona before but we will certainly return and would use this hotel again in a heart beat.
The one thing though that did surprise us initially though was the size of the executive room we had been given as it looked smaller than the photos suggested. There were three of us using it - our daughter had a folding bed in one corner and so is was pretty cramped - plus she had a television right over her head!
However it did not spoil our stay and we have returned home with great memories of a special weekend.

Room Tip: If travelling with more than one child, book a suite not an executive room
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear guests from Essex,
We’re so grateful that you chose to stay with us on this special occasion and are delighted to hear just how much you enjoyed your time. As you mentioned, you can’t beat the location and all of us here at K+K Hotel Picasso truly appreciate when guests take the time to give us their feedback - especially so, when it comes with such a high rating. We hope to welcome you back again sometime in the near future!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I have trouble finding anything negative to say about this beautiful hotel in the Born in Barcelona. It's nicely situated next to the park, and you have all the charming streets, cafés, bars and restaurants of Born just meters away. The Rambla and the Barrio Gothico (the old town) are just a nice 5-10 minutes walk away (unless you check out all the interesting shops on the way :).

The hotel itself tended to all our needs. Breakfast is first class with both local and continental choices. There's a nice pool area and sun terrace on the roof. The bar is good and they serve nice dishes there in the evening if you get tired of the endless options outside.

Our room, a standard double, was a little bit small, but very nicely furnished. Modern bathroom with a large shower. Very clean.

I would definitely recommend to stay here, and will most certainly use this hotel again the next time I'm in the city.

2  Thank FruPettersen

Dear FruPettersen from Norway,
Thank you for submitting such a detailed review and rating us with 5Stars! I am very pleased that our K+K Hotel Picasso could live up to your expectations on your recent visit and all of us here at K+K Hotel Picasso look forward to seeing you again soon! Greetings to Norway from sunny Spain, Marina Riess - Resident Manager

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Hotel was absolutely lovely but silly enough it was the bathroom that blew us away! It was huge, modern and lovely. It even has a speaker in the ceiling that connects to the TV so you can listen to the TV whilst you do whatever it is that you are doing in the bathroom.

The hotel is situated within a few minutes walk of La Rambla. The staff were lovely.

Just a tip about La Rambla, there are African men selling noisy clacker things things for very little money but beware as it is a scam. What they are actually doing is looking from where you get your money from and how much money you have in your wallet. They will then ring their mates on their mobile and "bingo" you've been pickpocketed. It didn't happen to me but if you knew what to look out for you could see the scam whilst it was happening.

Dear Sportsnut65,
I am so glad you enjoyed your visit to Barcelona and your stay at our K+K Hotel Picasso! We too love being in the heart of this lively city and are humbled by your most wonderful review on our hotel. Safe travels and greetings from all of us here at K+K Hotel Picasso. We look forward to welcome you back again sometime soon!
Yours sincerely, Marina Riess - Resident Manager

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Our stay did not meet expectations. We always research our holidays and make our choice based upon the information that is available. We booked an executive room.

If you go on to the hotel website, two types of room are offered, namely classic and executive. The executive is described as a "spacious executive room" with an accompanying photo of an executive. I.e. on the room booking page, there is a specific photo next to executive and a specific photo next to classic. They are different photos. On another part of the website it is described as a "more spacious room".

The room we were allocated was the same size as the picture of a classic room. With our luggage it was cramped. There was one chair not two. There was little room between the bed and the desk. We walked past other rooms which were larger than the ones on the website.

I complained within 15 minutes of arriving in the room and was informed that I was in an executive room "because of the view". The view amounted to the leaves of a tree that we could not see past and a balcony that we could not get onto as the door had a latch on it which meant that people (deliberately) could not go out on the balcony.

The pictures on the hotel website clearly show people standing on the balcony of their rooms. To be clear, as a guest you cannot do this.

Wi-Fi ranged from good to intermittent to non existent.

There are some positives, the hotel is clean and the bathroom products that you are initially given on arrival are of good quality. Some staff are friendly, others less so. There is a printer to print off boarding passes. The quality of food at breakfast is good though the buffet can get a little crowded at times given the size of the breakfast room.

Taxi drivers have difficulty in locating the hotel (on three occasions they could not find it) so it helps if you write down the name and address of the hotel or have your card with the address to hand.

I went to this hotel feeling very positive because of the special occasion, I want to leave a positive review. I can't.

3  Thank SMG701
Marina R, Manager at K+K Hotel Picasso, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you for choosing the K+K Hotel Picasso during your recent stay in Barcelona!
I am very sorry that we did not live up to your expectations due to the apparently misleading photos you mentioned and the fact that you were not happy with the size of your room. It seems you would have benefited more from one of our junior suites as they provide much more living space and definitely are more comfortable for guests that need that extra living area. I am glad I had the chance to speak to you during your stay with us but am a bit disappointed for the poor rating as I had thought we had come to an agreement and since we parted with a smile, I really did not expect this poor rating of yours. If you ever make it back to Barcelona, my team and I would love another opportunity to welcome you back to K+K Hotel Piacasso!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We had a small room at this hotel. Location is great except that amount of street noise was a problem. Good service from the hotel staff. Breakfast room is a little small given the size of the property. I would rate this hotel as okay - but a great hotel given our experience.

2  Thank glenn c
Marina R, General Manager at K+K Hotel Picasso, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear Glen C,

I am very sorry that we did not live up to your expectations,due to the size of your room. It seems you would have benefited more from one of our junior suites as they provide much more living space and definitely are more comfortable for guests that need that extra living area.

Nevertheless I would like to thank you for highlighting the parts that you enjoyed such as location and good service from my staff.