“Exceptional Service!”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: El Raval
Reviewed 28 May 2014

ended up in this restaurant by chance after our first choice was fulled booked and they recommended here! so glad they did. exceptional service from start to finish, the lady that served us (who i presume was the owner) was clearly very busy but took the time to sit with us and talk us through the menu as it was all in spanish and gave us her recommendations. we ordered the sun dried tomatoes and the beef carpaccio for starters (im not usually a fan of either but these definitely changed my mind!) , boyfriend had fish of the day and i had the steak with red wine sauce. prices were reasonable as well, 90ish euros for 3 courses each and a bottle of wine! the entire meal and service was great throughout, couldn't fault them at all! would recommend!!

Reviewed 26 May 2014

We saw the restaurant from outside and as there is no menu outside or at the door, we had to come in and ask for it. The owner is not very polite, she sat on the table with us when she was taking the order, and she was drinking at the bar instead of being with the tables. We asked for a wine from the list and she said that it wasn't as good wine for our meal but we insisted and it turned out that she didn't have the wine we were originally asking for. The price was excessive for what we ate, very small portions, very big price. We will definitely not come back.

1  Thank Jessijacke
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We were taken here by a local. The food and service was great. A lovely lady (I think she was the owner) helped us with our wine selection and introduced us to our first enjoyable bottle of catalan red wine. (we usually tend to stick with Rioja and have been disappointed every time w Catalan wine). Its a nice cozy atmosphere. I felt like I was in someones home. Highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I've been here a couple of times now and I've never had a bad meal. The thing about this restaurant is the quality of the produce, which really comes across in the flavours of the dishes. It's not overly fancy food, but that's not the point. The last time I went I had sole which was perhaps the best piece of fish I've ever had. My boyfriend had steak tatar, which was also perfect. The owner is a blast too, as are the rest of the staff. Can't recommend this place highly enough. Definitely one of my favourite eateries in Barcelona now.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Had a perfectly prepared steak. It cut liked butter. And the owner has good knowledge of the different wined they offered and recommended an amazing wine to complement the steak. Highly recommended! Beware though, the chocolate cake is dangerously good. You can't have enough of it. Make sure you call to reserve a table ahead. Otherwise, you won't have a seat!