“Great Place for Lunch!”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$9.48*
and up
National Art Museum of Catalonia Entrance Ticket...
Ranked #37 of 770 things to do in Barcelona
More attraction details
Owner description: An art museum containing hundreds of pieces from the medieval age to the 19th century.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Do not miss sitting in this elegant surrounding and dining on fresh ingredients while viewing the entirety of Barcelona. Learn about the history of Catalonia before or after. This is a short walk from the Foundacion Miro.

Write a ReviewReviews (6,438)
All reviews
in 200 reviews
"exhibits"
in 174 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Personally, I think you have one of the best views of BCN from here. Make sure you visit closer to the sunset as it creates that romantic, overwhelming feeling about the city. One of my favorite places in the world. Take your time here, sit on the stairs and just inhale Barcelona.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

It is a really nice museum, we liked our experience. I was surprised at how much art there we found and how diverse it was.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This museum surprised me a bit. I had done considerable research on other museums I was going to on my trip to Spain, but had not researched this one as much as I wished I had. The collection is quite astounding. I only had 90 minutes here, and it wasn't nearly enough. The medieval collection is extensive, containing many frescos. The building itself is stunning. The grounds, fountains, columns, and landscaping are beautiful, and the view from the museum is very impressive. I'm so glad I went to this museum, but I wish I had prepared myself better for what I would see.

1  Thank Stephen W
See more reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Collection spans centuries and is quite diverse. There is an emphasis on Catalan and Spanish artists, but there is much more there. Location of museum is also excellent— overlooking the whole town all the way to Sagrada Familia, right over Plaça Espania, with cascades of colorful wAterfalls weekend evenings ( check schedule, changes with seasons). If you walk higher above the museum on Montjuic, you fill find the Olympic complex from the ‘92 games and excellent Miró Museum. You can walk up or down thru a beautiful botanic garden ( free) with more spots for amazing city views.

If you are over 65, entrance is free any time!! And they even offered it themselves.