We spent 4 nights here at the end of June for our 10th anniversary visit to Barcelona.
Bed - bed was the stiff european style mattress which I quite like but it's not everyone's cup of tea. The only downside was the 2 single beds stuck together as a 'queen size' bed. There was nothing to hold them together so the beds split if you were lying in the middle.
Room - Room was standard hotel sized room, good blackout blinds, view over a street to the rear almost into someones living room but then we weren't in enough for this to make a difference. Laminate flooring which is a bit different in a bedroom and also means you can hear the people above sometimes. Bathroom was fine, does what its supposed to with a powerful shower. Only 3 electrical sockets in random places - under counter at front door and in the bathroom (cause I always plug my electrical items in over the sink!!)
Hotel - Didn't get to use the pool and pool area as our bags were lost in the Terminal 5 problems and we were bagless for most of the weekend. didin't use the restauarant or bar preferred to go out and sample some of the city centre bars and eateries.
Disappointed in the 5 euro a day charge for a safe key, felt like keeping it at that price!
Staff - The girls on reception are OK if a little abrupt, one in particular I think struggles with English making it hard to get across what you are looking for but then I struggle with Spanish or Catalan so I guess its all fair. One of the male receptionists whom we met on the first night was very helpful and pointed us in the direction of a shopping mall out of the centre a bit to pick up those essentials lost in our bags.
Overall - can't fault it, we didn't really hear any noise from the streets or anywhere else. You'll not go far wrong for an almost bang in the middle of the city hotel. Only 500m to Placa de Catalunya. Plenty of small cafes , bars and restaurants nearby to sample the local delicacies.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HCC Montblanc is situated right in the heart of the city, just 500 metres from Plaza Catalunya and bordering the charismatic Gótico neighbourhood. The hotel's location makes it the best choice for soaking up the atmosphere and life of Barcelona, and for discovering or revisiting its most emblematic corners, such as the Palau de la Música, the Ramblas, the Cathedral, Plaza Catalunya, the neighbourhoods of the Born and Barceloneta, among many others. Hotel HCC Montblanc is a new building, and has recently been extended. The hotel makes a good choice for a stay that is full of contrasts and unforgettable moments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotel.de, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your HCC Montblanc reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- HCC Montblanc Barcelona, Catalonia
- Hcc Montblanc Hotel Barcelona