Hotel was great. We travelled here with friends in February celebrating a 40th birthday.
The weather was great too, although it started to get a little chilly around 4.00 pm and when travelling on the open top bus, but walking around during the day the sun was warm and very pleasant.
We were located on the front of the hotel with a very spacious room and huge bathroom. We were worried that it might be noisy as there was a fairly busy road out to the front, however, we were pleasantly surprised. Whilst the road was fairly busy during the day, at night there was little traffic around. Beyond the road was the Port which we could just see through the trees.
Our friends had rooms to the rear of the building whilst smaller with no real views, just looking out onto narrow streets with buildings directly opposite, these were very quiet and, although small, were satisfactory.
There's a lovely rooftop terrace with plunge pool, sunbeds, bar and views across to the Port. Although the bar on the rooftop wasn't open when we were there, the waiters were more than happy to bring up drinks for us.
The staff were pleasant and the hotel was clean.
The hotel is in a good location, we were a five minute walk to the beach and in the other direction to Columbus' column. We were also on the famous bus route so we could choose from various stops to get on to the bus.
Great hotel, good location, what more could you ask for. Would definitely recommend this hotel and will definitely go back.
Lots of places to eat - you can choose from around the Port area - where there are lots of fish restaurants, or walk through the narrow streets into the main town.
Recommeded things to do:
Try at least one, if not all three, of the bus routes - ticket office at Columbus' Column. There are various options - we did a 2 day ticket for two routes (blue and red, as the green bus does not run in the winter months). You can get on and off as many times as you want and they run every 10-15 minutes so you never have to wait long before another bus arrives.
Visited Gaudi's cathedral - a tip for you go to the queue at the rear tower lift as this is much shorter - we queued up for 2 hours to go up the first lift not realising there was a second at the rear! You go up by lift but come down by stairs and there are lots of them so be warned!
Don't miss Parc Guell - we had a great afternoon there, but you could spend a whole day there wandering around. Great views too. Definitely worth a visit.
The Olympic Stadium and Nou Camp also worth a visit. We were lucky enough to see some of the Team arrive at the Nou Camp when we were there.
Wasn't impressed by the Ramblas - very busy but nothing much of interest. Probably want to go to say you've been but other than that don't worry if you miss it - there are better things to see.
And, of course, Gaudi's houses - we didn't go in, but will do next time!
Great place to go - don't miss it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exclusive boutique historic hotel in front of the port of Barcelona, and just 3 minutes walk to Ramblas, Gothic quarter. Unbeatable location for visitors interested on the heart of the historic center and cruise passengers .On the sixth floor Hotel Duquesa de Cardona Barcelona offers an unforgetable view over the harbour of the city, with a plunge pool, asolarium and a all year open-air cocktail .The buffet breakfast restaurant on the ground floor is the former entrance of this palace of the 19th century , and introduce us to the fantastic history of this mediterranean city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Superbreak UK, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline and Prestigia so you can book your Hotel Duquesa de Cardona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Duquesa De Cardona Barcelona
- Duquesa De Cardona Hotel Barcelona
- Hotel Duquesa De Cardona Barcelona, Catalonia