This is an old palace, but with very moder, beautifully decorated rooms. The rooftop terrace sports a bar with spectacular views. Don't get fooled by the pictures of the "swimming pool", it is a just an oversized jacuzzi. If you really want a rooftop pool, go to the nearby Grand Hotel Central - though that hotel lacks the charm of Duquesa de Cardona and is more expensive. The location is perfect, within walking distance from the (Olympic) harbour, the beach, the Barri Gotic, the Ramblas. The only negative point in my view: the absence of a health club, but then again, if you want to work out, the beach is very close with a perfect promenade for an ideallic run. A very, very nice hotel indeed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exclusive boutique historic hotel in front of the port of Barcelona, and just 3 minutes walk to Ramblas, Gothic quarter. Unbeatable location for visitors interested on the heart of the historic center and cruise passengers .On the sixth floor Hotel Duquesa de Cardona Barcelona offers an unforgetable view over the harbour of the city, with a plunge pool, asolarium and a all year open-air cocktail .The buffet breakfast restaurant on the ground floor is the former entrance of this palace of the 19th century , and introduce us to the fantastic history of this mediterranean city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Superbreak UK, Prestigia, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Duquesa de Cardona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Duquesa De Cardona Barcelona
- Duquesa De Cardona Hotel Barcelona
- Hotel Duquesa De Cardona Barcelona, Catalonia